Southern IL pothole hunt

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by USranger, Nov 11, 2008.

1. USranger

USranger Refuge Member

We have a couple pot holes and sloughs that we hunt that offer some pretty good mallard/pintail/teal shoots. We have room for 2-3 guys to come and hunt with us. Were just looking for a different kind of hunt than were used to. As long as its some kind of waterfowl (except snow's) were interested.

2. UQUACK2

UQUACK2 Elite Refuge Member

Clarkesville. Isn't that north of Nashville?

3. USranger

USranger Refuge Member

I live in Clarksville TN which is about 45 min west of Nashville but I grew up in southern IL.

4. UQUACK2

UQUACK2 Elite Refuge Member

I grew up in Princeton, Ky. But I havn't been there in a few years. It's funny how you forget where things are when you havn't been there in a while.

I wish I had a hunt to offer you but Va. doesn't have very good of duck hunting. The geese are out of control though.

5. USranger

USranger Refuge Member

Canadians? You guys have any giants there?

6. kyvideoman

kyvideoman Refuge Member

I have a goose lease in Sothern Illinois in Marion.We usually do pretty good when the birds are here.

7. LAbrownie

LAbrownie Senior Refuge Member

We hunt SE LA public Marsh land for ducks with fairly good success. For example we killed 14 Friday (3man), 24 Sat (4 man) and 7 Sunday (just didn't hang long enough). We run go-devil boats and hunt out of them with some native vegetation that we sick in the mud. Our first split ends this week-end and the second split opens 12/13/. I am not sure if we can make it to IL this year but wouldn't mind hosting for a hunt next.

8. USranger

USranger Refuge Member

Sorry guys I didnt reply sooner. If your still interested give me a shout.

9. tlf

tlf Refuge Member

I'm from western WI and we hunt off the mississippi river (backwaters). Prime time usually after the 2nd opener around mid Oct. until Thanksgiving. La Crosse WI area, we go to Lake Reelfoot every year, but would love to try S. Illinois.
    Thanks

10. Tyedog

Tyedog Senior Refuge Member

Your post caught my eye as I grew up in carterville and moved to Nc some 25 years ago....how I miss the goose hunting around crab and my friends......... NC is the great duck desert. The only hunting I do is open water layout shooting on the sound for seaducks and divers......I wish you fellas a good season.....regards, TD