Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Southern Iowa Guys in SE Missouri Hunting SKIPPED OUT

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by riverland, Mar 19, 2013.

1. riverland

riverland New Member

Unfortunately I have given Dave opportunity upon opportunity to make this right by texts, calls, messages at his NAPA store in, Wapello, IA with no response.

Dave Arnold from Wapello, IA calls me and wants ground to snow goose hunt down here since they are snowed under up north. We make arrangement for them to come down and pay a certain amount to hunt a farm I manage. A good farm with lots of grain fields and spots for goose spreads.

They show up on a Friday and I show them fields. They set up and hunt two days. They called and said they needed to move to another field on the farm adjacent to their field, so I gain permission for them, twice. After a couple of days when I told them I would be at the store and they can come by and pay, they do not show either day. The day after the last no-show Dave would not return a call. I go to the farm and they have moved all except their flyers and poles, and a QUAD. Not good.

I waited for them and they eventually came to get their stuff and they were to be at the store the next day to settle up. Both Dave and his buddy assured me they would not stiff me, not to worry. They had just moved on a different farm 20 miles south where the birds were.

They never came by. No answer on a phone, text, cell, or anything now. Lesson learned. Take the $ up front and dont say, "I know you guys are in a hurry to hunt and set up so go ahead and get checked in at motel and get set up to hunt and we will settle up later". Mistake.

Later never came.

2. foxfire74

foxfire74 Refuge Member

wow. That is unusual behaviour from anyone. I've heard a lot of stories about snow goose guides but nothing like that.

3. ALLSTAR 1

ALLSTAR 1 Elite Refuge Member

I am not trying to hijack this thread, believe me; I think this is wrong and you should be paid but, I did not have any idea a group could rent access to snow goose fields and do it yourself hunts. If so, I would think that would be an option for many who have a hard time finding landowners etc.. the time in gas etc alone might be worth it. How many dollars are we talking here? Just wondering "misdemeanor" or "felony" damages? Thanks..

4. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

Did they kill any birds? Not that it matters but if they agreed to pay you they should have paid you. Tell us more about these guys so noone else gets raped.

5. gooseguy68

gooseguy68 Elite Refuge Member

Money up front :tu:tu Sorry this happened to you :mad::mad:

6. thegoodie1

thegoodie1 Elite Refuge Member

What's the point of coming on a public forum to air your issues with someone that stuffed you cause you didn't make them pay up front? I would have never let them on til you saw the money in cash! Problem solved!
    Lots of guys will let you "pay them" to come hunt their land. Problem is you gotta find em!

7. foxfire74

foxfire74 Refuge Member

well.... one reason he did it is to let the world know about this guy right? well done. Lesson learned....live and learn...etc. He'll get the money owed before this is over is my guess.

8. WIQUACKER

WIQUACKER Elite Refuge Member

I don't see a problem with his post. He has made every effort to recoup his costs...to no avail. He is simply warning others about this individual, I see no problem with that.

9. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Me neither.

10. thegoodie1

thegoodie1 Elite Refuge Member

There are two sides to every story. There could be a lot more to this tham we know. For a guy with little to no posts to male accusations against another guy and to name his buisness is walking a fine line to me. Just sayin...
    With all that I hope everything works out...