Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Southern Iowa Guys in SE Missouri Hunting SKIPPED OUT

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by riverland, Mar 19, 2013.

1. prairie roamer

prairie roamer Senior Refuge Member

Yes it is, and we give them Beer or a bottle of booze.

2. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

There is no difference since it costs cash to buy those things. We all have received cash as a gift.

3. WARTHOG

WARTHOG Senior Refuge Member

What we do in Canada is respectfully ask permission like in the old days. We ask the farmer / landowner if they would be interested in cleaned ducks or geese if the hunt is a success. We have never had a problem gaining access in Canada by just be polite!:amen

4. hunt-ducks

hunt-ducks Senior Refuge Member

Hey NAPA guy you owe the man some $$$ work it out and pay up.

I did my first spring hunt in 99 have not been back in a few year because of bad apples that have spoiled the hunting, heck some farmer friend of mine in SWMO told me about a guide that stiffed him.

5. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

It is illegal in SK, I go back to see the farmer after the hunt and let him know how we did. Shake his hand again and tell him thanks again, and reassure him that we have left the field the same way we found it.
    I will offer him a goose or duck, it is very rare that they ever take me up on the offer even if I do clean the bird for them.

I also give him my full name and phone number. If there is any thing out of place with the field we hunted he can call me about it.

6. Layout101

Layout101 Elite Refuge Member

I do the exact same in Canada and the USA and have never had a problem accessing land to hunt or being able to hunt it again. Have made some good friends with landowners over the years.

7. Nodak Duke

Nodak Duke Senior Refuge Member

As always--three sides to every story. Truth sits somewhere in the middle. Sounds like at the very least 4 days worth of hunting time are owed to the gentleman from NAPA here. Bottom line is to remember how karma works and what goes around will always (eventually) come around.