Speck hunters

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Empty Skies, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Empty Skies

Empty Skies Elite Refuge Member

Anyone tried silos for specks?? I see a manufacture is releasing theirs in Aug. & they do look good. I use shells & fullbodies & might give them a try.

2. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

I have 3 or 4 dozen outlaws that I sometime mix with full bodies just to add movement and numbers. I don't think it flares them, but don't notice a different with them either.

3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Might be fine on your end of the gunning corridor, but they apparently don't finish well to them down here, and I know no one who's stuck with them.

4. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

nope. i would far rather hunt over 4 DSD's than 40 sillos. and coming from me, that should tell ya a lot about the birds here.

5. Flyfisher

Flyfisher Elite Refuge Member

yes, with no luck. Tried in CA. I am sure they would work up in AB in September...

6. Specklebelly1973

Specklebelly1973 Senior Refuge Member

Hunted one place that had some Outlaw Speck silo's out. Was hunting with a friend at this place and they did not seem like they helped much. We mainly hunt full bodies down in SWLA. We have mixed in a few speck windsocks with our fullbodies the last couple of seasons and that has seemed to work decent (~ 1 doz for 4-5 doz fullbodies).