Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

specks

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by merganser murderer, Oct 2, 2016.

1. merganser murderer

merganser murderer Senior Refuge Member

where is the biggest population of specks in Canada. thinking about doing a trip and want to give myself the best chance at killing specks along with good numbers of ducks and canada's. feel free to pm me. thanks for any help. dont need towns just providence to start my research.

thanks mm

2. JEvansCT

JEvansCT Senior Refuge Member

We hunted in Saskatchewan 3 out of the last 4 years and killed speck all 3 years. Even brought one home for the wall. We saw specks every day last week.

3. merganser murderer

Saskatchewan and Alberta look like the 2 i would want to visit, just didnt know if one was better than the other. Always wanted to get into some specks on a diy trip with the incredible mixed bag opportunities Canada has to offer. Thanks for the reply.

4. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Senior Refuge Member

5. merganser murderer

:tu yea spell check gets me every time one my damn smart phone. they arent as smart as they think they are

6. buddyb01

buddyb01 New Member

For Specks ...Western half of Sk and Eastern half of Alberta. Around the border would be about perfect. There are no Specks to speak of in the Eastern half of Sk.

7. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

The south Saskatchewan River North of Swift Current used to be and may well still be the largest staging area for specks in north America.

8. shermanmd

shermanmd Senior Refuge Member

I hunted south western Sk 3 years ago and there were many thousands of specks. Killed limits each day but they wanted no part of our mostly Canada spread. Set the layout blinds well below the spread to kill em before they veered off. Lots of Sandhills and ducks but the large flocks of lesser canadas were still north of us. That was the first week of October.

9. merganser murderer