specks

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by tealdog, Nov 2, 2014.

1. tealdog

tealdog Senior Refuge Member

Any favorite meals out there ? Bacon wrapped with mushroon and pepper jack cheese on the bbq is my favorite. Looking for some new ways please help

2. Broussard09

Broussard09 New Member

Pot roasted with a fig glaze sauce on top

3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Salt & pepper and a piece of bread to hold a little Marsala wine in the cavity while it's roasting .
    I roast them hot and fast 450 to 475* for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the size of the bird.
    Place on a roasting rack in a pan with 1/2'' of water ..........which helps it from smoking out your kitchen.
    I often do them outside on my Weber grill bank about 1/2 bag of coals in a ring around the sides of the kettle.
    Or all 3 burners on high on the gas grill.
    To check doneness I make a small slit on the inside of the thigh........I like it nice and pinkish to reddish...damn good eats !:yes

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    BirdJ likes this.
  4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Cube meat, 3/4" or less. Brine for a hour. Rinse. Cover in water, and soak for 25 minutes with 3-4 tablespoons Baking Soda. Rinse and pat dry. Shake some corn starch over the meat, mix until coated.

Get a pan smoking hot, with a thin layer of oil. A wok works if you have one. Fry the meat until well browned, but don't over cook. When you are halfway there, add in a diced onion.

As the meat is cooking, mix 2tbs Oyster sauce, 2tsp Fish oil, 1tbs Sesame oil. Mix up. When the meat is ready to come off, pour in the sauce and mix around. That does not seem like a lot of sauce, but a little goes a long way.

Serve over rice.