Spicy Jerky?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Cohiba, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Cohiba

Cohiba Senior Refuge Member

Does anyone have a great spicy recipe for jerky? I only need the ingredients for the "brine" if you will.

I have tried Blackening seasoning as well as crushed red peppers and still cannot get the spicy taste I want. I know Nabisco makes a jerky seasoning thats spicy, but I dont want premade.

Any ideas?

2. born2shoot

born2shoot Elite Refuge Member

crushed habenero peppers add alot ..white pepper or tabasco is an easy way to

3. BuckeyeDuck

BuckeyeDuck Elite Refuge Member

Try a bunch of this in the Marinade and cut out some of the other salt in proportion :tu If you can't get it in a local store Morton's sells direct online and delivery is speedy.

It is "Hot"
    [​IMG]

4. Jimbob

Jimbob Elite Refuge Member

Try cayenne, it'll put a lot more heat in than crushed red.

5. SteveB

SteveB Banned

I always use some kind of vinegar in my jerky marinade and for something a little hotter I like to use the the vinegar out of a jar of hot jalepenos.
    Steve

6. burnt barley

burnt barley Elite Refuge Member

grind your favorite dry hot peppers and add to the jerky after it's smoked.Add a little pinch at a time until you get the heat your looking for!

7. just4dux

just4dux Senior Refuge Member

All of the spices I use are fresh not dried except the pepper. For about every 5 lbs. of meat I use 16 oz. soy sauce 8 oz of brown sugar. ONLY Heat mixture until the brown sugar is almost desolved stirring it at all times. DO NOT LET IT BOIL. In a blender goes 2 whole bulbs of peeled garlic, 2-3 oz piece of peeled cut up ginger root, 6-8 serano pepers, 6 tablespoons course black pepper(resturant style), 4 tablespoons fine black pepper, 3-4 tablespoons red crushed peppers. Add about 2-3 oz of soy sauce mixture in the blender to liquify the spices. When finished blending the spices to a liquid paste pour it over the sliced meat in a large bowl and with you hands incorperate the mixture in the meat with you hands. Cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge no less than 24 hours. You might want to mix the meat and mixture a couple of times within that time. Good Luck and ENJOY---JUST4DUX