Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Spinning wing decoy wings

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by GUNNERX2, Jan 6, 2018.

1. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Higdon Splasher/Flasher wings do not float. Looking for first hand solutions to solve the problem. Must be a common problem in that replacements come in singles, either left or right. Other mfg sell theirs in pairs. About the same price for either.

2. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

hot glue, caulk or super glue about 3 r 4 spines at both ends so they float I've found this saves a little [ they do sink fast ]

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

You might get white foam board from Walmart or a craft store and glue it to the wings.

I have one of those and you have my mind in solution mode...

4. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

we use Styrofoam plates on the wings[rubber bands] with about 2 inchs showing on the dark side for snows cover the rest of the decoy with old t shirts and hard wire for snow geese. put about 6- 12 in a bunch all below 4 ft. I know this sounds stupid but it sure works we keep this very near our blind at the end of the kill hole. last yr shoot a lot more specks and snows over this than a 30 bird flyright. 1 6volt mojo battery last several days.