Spray release

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by Clayton, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

IMG_4602.JPG This is from a few years back. Just posting again for the new people that have come onboard.

2. Greekangler

Greekangler Senior Refuge Member

Clayton was that a late June early July spraying? I know you have a hard time getting back there sometimes because of moisture or too muddy for equipment- do you try to time spraying in front of rain if that's possible or time it vs growing season? So if the outlook is dry will you still spray during June if you can get back there Or do you wait?

3. Clayton

I spray whenever I can get to it and just hope for the rain. This was probably a July spraying. Most years rain eventualy occurs. I have had areas sit for a couple of months after spraying before rain finally occured and it still produced good just maybe not great as would have occured with more timely rains.

4. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

As long as it's dry on the plant you're good. 2-4-D is a growth stimulant, rain after you spray makes it more effective.

5. Clayton

It doesn't need the rain to kill it but it does need the rain to release desirable grasses after it has died.

da fowl slayer and WHUP ! Hen like this.
  6. Greekangler

Greekangler Senior Refuge Member

Yes