Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Spring Snow goose Reports 2018

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Jan 30, 2018.

1. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

Have at it guys. Just keep this for reports only. You have questions, start a new thread.

2. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I saw snow geese in western Nebraska today. Quite a few snows just across the borders into Kansas and Colorado.

3. Goosetalk#2

Goosetalk#2 New Member

A few groups of snows moving north this past weekend in NE MO

4. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

We've had good numbers of light geese present here in NE Kansas / NW Missouri all winter & their numbers have increased or the last week or so ...Be Safe...NC

5. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

Quite a few birds in central Illinois, but we have some snow forecasted for about 4 of the ten day coming up and brutal cold. I assume they will all be packing it up and heading south if we do get measurable snow.

6. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

The reports I've gotten from Northern Arkansas haven't been great but I would consider it consistent. Anywhere from 12-76 birds a day. More adults around then anything with some juvies mixed in.

7. Kansan

Kansan New Member

Just heard a small flock fly over Manhattan, Kansas. Supposed to be somewhat cold the next several weeks, so I can't see them blowing by near as fast as last year.

8. zeus

zeus Elite Refuge Member

We saw mile after mile of snows yesterday morning, 1-31, coming from the south headed north and then watched them return in the afternoon so I assume they went north to feed. My son was out today but nothing wanted to work the water spread this morning. Time to do some scouting and find where they are feeding in hopes that it is a field we have permission to hunt!

9. mnfeatherhunter

mnfeatherhunter New Member

Plenty of good feeds in central Illinois. Headed down in a week. Birds not gonna be moving north too fast all is froze up this way for quite awhile.

10. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Birds in NW Missouri this weekend......like always this time of year. Was 50s Sat and then was blowing snow and miserable cold this morning. Did not consider hunting them. No way, no how. We will get started weekend of 24th. Should begin to see some workable birds by then if weather warms as it normally does.

Good Luck

Chuck Norris likes this.