Spring Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by MTaylor, Feb 3, 2018.

1. MTaylor

MTaylor New Member

Well folks, since waterfowl season is pretty much over, my focus is shifting to spring turkey. The Air Force sent me to Travis AFB and this will be my first turkey season in the NorCal area. I'm looking for some guidance on hunting public lands and also the possibility of an affordable land lease. Please tell me your experiences and if you've got some turkeys on your property, please let me know and hopefully we can work out a deal. Thank y'all.

2. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

I'd put this post right on the NC/SC start forum on the bottom of the main page :tu

3. tomturkey

tomturkey Elite Refuge Member

It would fit better in the California forum as Travis AF base is out side San Francisco.

4. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Ouch .. my bad as I can't tell the diff. from NorCal and NC :nutz

That's where to be lookin', is California Forum :tu

5. BangingBirds

BangingBirds Senior Refuge Member

Thank you for your service....

California is tuff to get on private land unless you know someone. Leases are no existent compared to back east. All of the outfitters have a the land tied up. Best thing to do his put in for the public land hunts and learn the areas prior to the hunt date. After the reserved hunt dates on public land close, you can hunt it . Mind you, it will be a zoo. This doesn't include BLM and federal- More difficult; less turkeys. To find BLM land other than the "super" large tracts, you need to purchase maps from the BLM area office of most interest. They do not post locations online. Most public land is in the hills and requires miles of hiking.

Take care-Steve