Starting a spread, looking for advice

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by isu22andy, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

There it is. We give geese far too much credit. WAY more birds turn away because of people moving, or poor hides.

2. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Refuge Member

Nice picture. It's nice when it all comes together.

3. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler Refuge Member

I think the single most important Part is the Hide .I think as been said if your invisible and only a few decoys you will do well.

4. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Most of the places I hunt(except when I go out of state)-there arnt big numbers of geese,so everything has to be right,especially the hide,but almost just as important the spread has to look real.
    We don't have flight after flight just dying to get into our corn or wheat fields, ours is mosyly alfalfa or pasture grass. Because of the draw system we can't even scout properly.

5. isu22andy

isu22andy Refuge Member

6. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

7. gotquack

gotquack New Member

Thanks, You guy's for this Silo/B/W Homemade advice....

8. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

Buy nice or buy twice ..... If your really hooked on chasing honkers like I got when I first started hunting honkers and you have a few spots that you'll be able to use for many yrs to come ..... Trust me don't do what I did , spending a bunch of money on production line cheaper decoys that work on dumb early geese and the late season smart birds won't come near .... If I had all the money I wasted on cheaper decoys .... I'd have 5 dzn DSDs instead of only 2 dz..... Yeah they are expensive but they'll last you a lifetime and really , you only need 18 , and run as few as 3 ,9 , 16 or 18 if ya need them and if your having trouble fooling birds ... Its something you did wrong (your hide , dog or buddy's not covered up ) ... not the decoys .. I know from experience ... I've worked flocks of 2/300 birds with 9 DSDs many , many times .... REALISM ...