Stay away from Avian X.

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Jun 2, 2016.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

image.jpeg They will not stand behind their products when they ship you junk and then will call you a liar and say you caused the damage. A company that has the balls to to screw their customers like that is absolute garbage to me. Tgey wouldn't even replace this one decoy that got screwed up in China. How sad is that? Garbage company!

2. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

Although I am NOT an Avian X fan, stuff happens in shipping and if that is ONE decoy that has a couple of little scratches in it that's not bad. If you can't kill geese over decoys that look like that something else is wrong.

3. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

You can kill geese over much worse but for the price they get for those damn things they should look prestine and have durable paint. 80% of the population can only afford to buy a box or two a year. For those prices these products need to last.

Constructeur likes this.
  4. easternshorerednek

There are many better products on the market than Avians. I have ran Avian spreads before and it always seemed like every hunt a retractable base would quit working on one. Also paint would chip and they seemed to shine really bad. The Fully Flocked look good in the store but when you get them outside they have a yellowish tint. If I ever went back to full bodies which I don't ever anticipate happening I would look into Higdon.

5. gary s.

gary s. Elite Refuge Member

I think Higdon went to china years ago. there are great U.S. made decoys, I for one think, the Replica decoys are one of the best. custom made decoys cost a little more, but look so good. you use less of them.

6. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

It doesnt really matter what we as consumers pay for a product it it is inexpensive . As consumers we sit and complain. Most items are a bargain for the value we gain.

"80% of the population can only afford to buy a box or two a year. For those prices these products need to last" Again a choice. Your choice!!

We all make consumer choices. A box or two a year? That's your choice. What are you paying a month in house or rental costs, how about your phone,. Look in your wife's closet and count the shoes or handbags. Heck what are you driving!!!

Years back we bought 6 dozen sleeper shell decoys, We took care of them, they maybe only have 60 hunts.,.. and sold them nine years later for more than we paid.

7. easternshorerednek

Your point is valid except you are forgetting that houses and vehicles are necessities for most Americans. Most people in a average pay grade have to really budget how much money they can spend on hobbies and are lucky if there is any left over at all to have fun.

8. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

It's more than scratches. It's peeled paint right from the factory. Right on the back. There is absolutely no reason for them to NOT replace it. For the price they charge they should. That decoy will only get worse as time goes on. I won't have anything to do with a company that will screw their customers over.

9. Djknyork

Djknyork Refuge Member

Return the hole box!!! Flood the retail locations with returns and maybe Avian X will wise up. I think Cabela's gives you 60 or 90 days to return items. As was mentioned above we as consumers hold the $$. Buy from places that have decent return policies and then return the product if you're not satisfied.

10. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Seems like a lot of drama over a pretty small problem.

stevena198301, DEC, hyper23 and 2 others like this.