steak recipes

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by duckman, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Guy

Guy Senior Refuge Member

That is key for duck as well, eat it right off the grill, when it starts to cool, it gets chewy.

I think my favorite way to serve duck is as an appetizer to a steak dinner. Here’s what you do, and teal is the best for this. Is throw your teal breast on a hot grill, the one you are getting ready for steaks. I mean a really hot grill, you need them flames lickup threw there, 2 minutes or so on each side and you are done. Throw on a plate, dice/up into cubes with knife and fork, then stick a toothpick in the top of each piece, so every cube has a toothpick in it, then while still on the plate, walk it around and serve to your guest. This is really great experience for someone that has never had duck, they will say “That is duck? That is delicious!” :yes

2. 10ga

10ga Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Magnum Force, tried this Saturday with some big ribeyes and it was great.

3. Magnum Force

Magnum Force Elite Refuge Member

Happy that you liked it! Goes really good with Jack & water, Makers & water, etc..... Tell your dad hello for me.

Magnum Force :tu

4. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

Will any red wine work? Some great recipes on here!

5. Magnum Force

Magnum Force Elite Refuge Member

Yep - just use a good red wine, one that you would drink! Mix half and half wine and soy sauce and don't forget a splash of Christian Bros. brandy.

Magnum Force :tu

6. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Had some great Waygo beef (tenderloins and NY strips) last night. Great stuff, especially the strips. Expensive ($25 and $18 a pound), but what a difference in taste, richness and tenderness! Don't need anything but a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a hot grill!

7. Jimbob

Jimbob Elite Refuge Member

Wagyū beef is outstanding!!!

8. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Sure is...and one thing I especially like is the moisture and taste without the sometimes dryness that good, dry-aged beef can have. I'm hooked!

9. kjrice

kjrice Elite Refuge Member

That's it!

10. Quacker Racker

Quacker Racker Elite Refuge Member

if you have access to it getcha some red clay Hawaiian salt cover your steak , add fresh cracked black pepper grill it to desired wellness add one pat of real butter or garlic butter sear it and eat.