Sticky-Bashing Christians in this Forum

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by sdkidaho, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

I am no longer going to allow people to spout off about Christians in this forum. Talking about all things Christian related is what this area of the Refuge was intended for. If you come in here acting like a jerk, making your smarmy little comments about how it isn't true and that God is made up, and all the other little jabs that some of you get off on - I'm going to boot you.

Let me spell that out for you - that means I'm going to ban you. You want to act like a jerk? Take it to a forum that promotes that type of behavior. Why anyone would think they can come to this section of the Refuge and bag on Christians is beyond me. Grind your ax somewhere else. Dust that chip off your shoulder somewhere else.

For those of you that frequent this forum and contribute - report these guys. Don't let them act this way and get away with it or hope that one of us will see it and reprimand them. Report their posts and I'll help them move along.

Have a nice day.

dukbill likes this.
  2. H2OFOWL

H2OFOWL Elite Refuge Member

But you will allow bashing of Muslims, Gays and anyone else that is not a White Protestant fundamentalist....Got it, should make for a very fair and balanced debate:nutz

3. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Boss if a thread gets moved over here from the main forum and we are in on the convo do we have to bail out if it comes here, or can we just honestly post here on a moved thread?

4. sdkidaho

I'm not your boss, I just help out here.

That's a good question. I'll try to make sure I know when threads are moved here so no one is being unfairly hammered. My comments are for those threads started here, because this is a forum that I am a Moderator in - not the others. If religious threads are moved here, the attacks on Christianity have to stop once the thread is moved to this sub-forum. But again, I will do what I can to make sure I am notified if threads are moved here.

As for this comment:

If you see people bashing muslims, gays and anyone else that isn't a WPF?, feel free to report those posts. As noted, I don't read every post, but every post that gets reported for breaking the rules here at the Refuge or in this forum is reviewed.

You can try to paint this any way you like, but I am not here to discriminate against one individual or another based upon their beliefs, race or sex. Neither is any other Moderator, or the owners of the Refuge. This sub-forum was created for Christians as "A forum for those that wish to share their faith in Jesus Christ" just like it says in the title where you click to enter this forum.

As such, re-read what I posted above in the original post as it sums things up quite well. Don't read anything else in to it.

5. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

Looks like you have a forum here for about 5 participants with no one allowed to question them. Pretty strange.

Spencer5100 likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

While I am not a Christian, I can't for the life of me understand why you would come to a Christian forum where the title clearly states: "A forum for those that wish to share their faith in Jesus Christ", and expect it to be OK to bash it's members. This would be equivalent to someone going to the duck forum and bashing duck hunters, and being angry that the hunters don't just shut up and accept the abuse. If you don't wish to share your faith in Jesus Christ, or at least provide some sort of meaningful discussion (positive conversation, not derogatory remarks), why even stop by? He never said you weren't allowed to ask questions on posted topics, just not bash others here. Seems pretty cut-and-dry...

7. H2OFOWL

I would agree with you, but it's when they start bashing other religions, race, sexual orientations it should be game on. So, go ahead and post all you want about demons and make believe fairy tales....just try and not judge or punish others that do not share those beliefs.

Spencer5100 likes this.
  8. tomr

tomr Elite Refuge Member

Are you kidding me? Bashing other religions, races, sexual orientations? Who here BASHES any of them. Please show me, or direct me, to any post that a person claiming to be Christian BASHED anyone for sexual orientation race, or religion.

There is a big difference between disagreeing with and bashing.

9. sdkidaho

As noted, numerous times, report those posts.

This isn't a Christian forum where it is promoted that people should come and bash others. I have never seen that promoted here. Ever. Report those supposed posts and the moderators will deal with them. Otherwise, quit commenting on these supposed "fairy tales" where everyone under the sun is bashed by Christians and gets away with it. If you're here to participate as an adult without the need to bash or spew guile, then anyone is welcome.

But snide comments like "go ahead and post all you want about demons and make believe fairy tales..." are going to be what gets you a vacation from the Refuge. That was your one free shot...

stevena198301 likes this.
  10. H2OFOWL

So, snide comments will get you kicked off this forum these days or it is it just comments that you as a White Protestant fundamentalist don't personally agree with? Should I start reporting all the snide comments on this and all the other forums that i don't personally agree with? They might want to add more mods, if that's the case. You have made snide comments towards me in the past...should I report those? If so, will you be the one who decides if you get a "vacation from the Refuge" ?...That would be more in line with the way most religious organization work.

You sure your not just showing off your divine authority....kinda like that wacko Kim Davis.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.