Stinkfest Ten "Darkness followed the light"

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Capt.Gregg, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freitas outlaw

freitas outlaw Elite Refuge Member

Iv'e been honored to spend time with Tom and he does "GET IT"

2. DuckGuru

DuckGuru Elite Refuge Member

477 pictures on my website and the most offensive one you can find is a "bloodsicle" from my hunt in MAINE???

WOW... :eek:

I mean, you probably spent HOURS combing through my website, looking for just the right pic. I'm humbled by your righteous indignation at my callous use of gore, trying to persuade people to hunt with me...

What you (TSD) fail to recognize is that I don't have a problem with you guys hunting out there (even though your estimation of no one within 2 miles is grossly overstated, as you should have been able to tell with our shooting nearby [we heard the cowbell, saw birds fall]) or even having fun while doing it.

I also don't have a problem with introducing people to diver hunting, as I've personally introduced MANY people (paid customers, donation hunts to CWA, and friends), including many juniors.

What I have a problem with is the general thought that divers are stupid (which, I will agree is pretty damn lame) and any idiot can hunt them. But hey, if you want to be idiots to prove your point, I won't stop you. Better to shutup and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

As far as not "stopping and saying hi", the same could be said for you. Common courtesy in the morning is to not interfere with someone's hunt. Stop by my spread in the morning and we'll explain it to you in terms that you'll probably understand. And the next time someone accuses me of rallying birds or otherwise breaking a law, I'll be sure to stop by and explain THAT to you in terms that you'll understand (and no, J-smoke, that's not being an internet "tough guy").

You find the "X" and you'll kill, bottom line.... (Kildux - ever think of the time/energy I've spent to find my spots??) But don't act all high & mighty like you've got this overriding knowledge of what's going on out there.... I know RJ took a bunch of you out, and greggh has a history of trailing us....

You were given a push over the learning curve and won't even acknowledge it. The reason greggh hasn't seen me much (which, he made a point to say, though he also said that I'm "cork'n RJ'S spots", which is it???) is that my "spots" far exceed that tiny little area you guys see from where you hunted. I don't EVER use the launch RJ uses (in fact, only used it once when we tag teamed a hunt).

Not to mention that if someone were to post up pics of puddle duck spots this forum would erupt in WW3 (ie - PROSPECT ISLAND; EVERY ONE of you that ever pitched a fit about those pictures is a god**** hypocrite for not posting here). Show a little respect to the person that showed you the diver hunting out there (RJ) and the other guys that hunt out there (not just me) by not posting those pics/info....

Scout for them, burn some boat gas, hunt & kill 'em when it's tough & I'll have a lot more respect for you... Post a video of you actually cleaning & eating one of the ducks and a lot more people will.

Hunt from a spot that a guide showed you (or that a friend followed a guide to), a spot that the ducks are using, ducks that aren't hunted hard (and thus decoy easily), mock it, and you'll just look like the idiots you're trying so hard to prove you are......

3. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

NICE! Guru decide's to bump this to 10K! Woot! :clap

4. black&blueshoulder

black&blueshoulder Elite Refuge Member

might wanna get over that problem man (they are stupid) ;)

5. freitas outlaw

freitas outlaw Elite Refuge Member

DUCKGURU if your looking for respect, calling people out isn't the way to achieve it :scratch

6. DuckGuru

DuckGuru Elite Refuge Member

Wait, what?? Isn't that what TSD has been doing for the past 23 pages?? :scratch

Seriously though, not calling anyone out.... Might be hard to convey in writing, but I would be more than happy to explain anything I alluded to in my post.

7. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

It's going to go to 20,000 views now... !!!

8. Kildux

Kildux Senior Refuge Member

Pauli,
    No matter how loudly you say it you'll never convince me that SF Bay ducks aren't stupid. They're the dumbest birds I've ever met face to face, and thank God for it. I had a couple of the biggest beat downs of my life while sitting bare chested in an admiral's chair with no face mask on while hunting with you. I'm sure you've exhausted tons of time as I know you can't just be anywhere and pound them like we did when out there. All I'm saying is, "The ducks in CA are far dumber than the ducks in MN." Hunting pressure for divers is a fraction what it is here. They are dumb. They die good. End of story. That doesn't take away from the quality of the work you do, you are an exceptional guide. I reccommend you to anybody that wants to hunt divers in a different state, especially goldeneyes. He77, 4 of the first seven ducks we killed were drake barrows. No average Joe could get his guys into them like that.

Quite frankly, I'd be pi$$ed if I were a paying sponsor and the moderators were letting guys bash me and my business. Not cool guys.

9. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Location, location, location.

You live in the land of 10,000 lakes and you can't find one where there isn't much pressure?:l

Not many guys here chase black and white ducks because there are far too many areas that offer good hunting for puddle ducks, but there still aren't endless places to consistently shoot divers. If you think Cali ducks are dumb.....come back out and try hunting a refuge.

10. FowlIntentions

FowlIntentions Senior Refuge Member

I just read all 13 pages of this thread and all I can say is :tu:tu:tu:tu:tu.

Nice job guys. Looks like you put a beat down on 'em and had a blast doing it. Looking forward to pictures from next years Arkie trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.