Stoeger P3000 cycling issues

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Chris0nllyn, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Chris0nllyn

Chris0nllyn New Member

I won a Stoeger P3000 (little broghter Benelli Nova) of the earlier this year at a local gun bash. I finally shot it for the first time on this year's Thanksgiving morning goose hunt and had a horrible time cycling shells.

It's a pump, but after firing it would really hang up and took a ton of pressure to cycle the gun. At first I assumed it didn't like the ammo I was using. I also assumed that since I hadn't cleaned it real good beforehand that something was gummed up in there.

After cleaning and dry firing, the same issue popped up. It seems like the bolt group is getting hung up on the cartridge drop lever, but I'm not positive.

https://www.stoegerindustries.com/sites/default/files/originals/product-manuals/p3000_owners_manual_mod2.pdf

Anyone have any thoughts? Similar issues?

2. Kwack

Kwack Senior Refuge Member

My wife won a P3500 earlier this year and insisted on keeping it because she won it. I shoot it not long ago and it is extremely stiff and takes a lot of effort to cycle it.

3. Chris0nllyn

Chris0nllyn New Member

This is the problem I'm having also. It's like it's getting jammed up somewhere. Happens regardless of ammo type (even happens without a shell in it).

4. Kwack

Kwack Senior Refuge Member

Probably just a artifact of cheap machining.

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Pumps should not be hard to shuck. I mean really...how hard is it to manufacture a few parts that slide and lift and grab and eject? They have been doing it for what? a hundred years and in the past with much less sophisticated tools ?
    Anyone think John Browning would stand for this crap?

6. Chris0nllyn

Chris0nllyn New Member

I hear ya. My almost-30-year old Remington 870 pumps like butter.