Stoeger?

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by jjb27, Feb 23, 2018.

1. jjb27

jjb27 Refuge Member

Anyone ever use a Stoeger? Thinking about getting a second gun & don't have a huge budget. Wanted to add a .20 ga for my daughter possibly but Stoeger has a well reviewed/high volume reviewed semi-auto. I have .12 870 express super mag pump now.

2. Duck Shooter

Duck Shooter New Member

I bought the Stoeger m3020 last year and have been pleased. Bought it for my boys to use in the coming years and they aren't quite ready for it. I interchanged using the 20 gauge and 12 gauge throughout duck season and had no trouble knocking birds down at 30 yards. Obviously much lighter and ammo is cheaper so there's a lot of reasons to like it. It can be deceiving shooting the 20 if your used to shooting a 12 with much less recoil you may think you can't knock birds down but I found it was just as effective as the 12. Just have to have the right lead. No trouble disassembling and cleaning the gun either.

3. Duckman Racing

Duckman Racing Elite Refuge Member

I have an M3500 that has been my primary duck gun for the last 3 seasons. I have had some cycling issues with it when it is dirty. Have to take the bolt and trigger out a couple times a season and clean them out otherwise it wont cycle. Also had issues with it when hunting in very cold temps, possibly due to too much oil in the action.

I have a Charles Daly auto in 20 gauge that I use for teal and doves, and I have never had any issues with that gun. I don't think they make them anymore, but if you can find one they are usually pretty cheap.

4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I have a 2000 I bought for my son a long time ago, and zero problems with it. Cheap firearm that worked well . Some other people had problems, but I do strip it down before the season and after heavy shooting and give it a good clean.

5. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

I bought an m3000 the day before Thanksgiving last year and really like it.

I have had issues with jamming and not cycling shells due to no cleaning on my part initially and also what I blame on dirty shells and weak mounting to my arm. After focusing on cleaning the gun each night before any hunt 5-10 minutes invested and paying more attention to mounting the gun firmly the issues went away.

Great guns for the price point.

dux/24 7 likes this.
  6. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Dont rule out tri star . My son has a TriStar and I have a Stoeger and I like them both.