Storing the Spread

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by marshmob, Mar 30, 2018.

1. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

I purchased a different house last spring and unfortunately my storage area for decoys isn’t what I thought it would be. So far I’ve made four 4’x8’ single shelves that hang from the ceiling. These work great for my snow goose sock spread, duck floater spread, and goose shells but my goose fb spread is currently jammed in my boat storage unit. That gets me by for now but when I need to get the boat in/out it’s not gonna work. I have room for two more of the 4x8 shelves but they won’t work for packing in 80 fb’s w/stands (avian x). Years back I saw a post where someone hung their fb’s from the ceiling on dowel type rod. I think they attached it to the ceiling using some type of J hook and then slid the rod through the decoy stand/strap. Does anyone remember this or have any ideas or come up with their own concoctions?

Thanks

2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

During the off season, my bigfoots hang from conduit in the shed.

2WIDGN and Ringbill like this.
  3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

I have a 4 bedroom house,master bedroom is storage for decoys,I have the goode fullbodiesin a trailer in the garage.My master bedroom is upstairs and since I can' climb ,I use the downstairs bedroom.

4. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

20160917_220433.jpg
    20160910_152009.jpg
    20160917_220506.jpg
    My buddy just got divorced, part of the custody agreement was that he got the 14 x 16 foot shed that he had just built. A couple of us went over and tore down and took it to my house and re erected it. We put up tons of shelves and a roll out shelf in the middle. It holds the 2 man, 1 man, an avery pop-up blind and about 30 doz. decoys. Best thing we ever did moving that shed.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018