Stuffed Pheasant Breast wrapped in Prosciutto

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by ArmChair Biologist, Dec 8, 2017.

1. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I had a few things laying around and decided to try something new with some pheasant and hit a slam dunk so I thought I'd share.

Fillet pheasant breasts off bone. Marinate breasts in Herb and Garlic marinate for 6-24 hours. Take breast out of marinade and slice almost completely through to form a pocket like you would a stuffed pork shop. Stuff full with any cheese you like then wrap in a piece of prosciutto. Bake in oven at 350 for 25 minutes.

If you don't have prosciutto I'm sure you could substitute bacon and it will still be good.

I've made this three times now and everyone who's had it absolutely loves it. Give it a try!

Luigi Daniele, callinfowl and BirdJ like this.
  2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

That sounds really good

ArmChair Biologist likes this.
  3. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

This would be a nice change! Have done pheasant a lot doing Chicken Kiev or Chicken Cordon Bleu recipes.

4. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

Chicken cordon blue sounds pretty good. I've got allot of pheasants this year so I'll have to give that a try as well.

callinfowl and BirdJ like this.
  5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

They both sound great!
    I still have a few pen birds in the freezer, gonna have to try these.
    Thanks for the idea's.:tu

BirdJ likes this.
  6. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

My favorite is the Cordon Bleu! I pound the breasts down where their thin and then add Swiss Cheese, a thin slices of ham but I also add finely chopped cooked broccoli in the middle. Wrap and hold with tooth picks, dunk in egg wash and roll in bread crumbs. I have also used crushed flavored Croutons in place of the bread crumbs. Bake at 325-350 for about 45min.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  7. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Man that sounds GOOD.
    My mom used to make a mean chicken Cordon Bleu if I remember right she drizzled a dry white wine over the top before they went into the oven.
    Maybe the wine was in the dijon mustard cream sauce she use to put on it at the table. I can't remember she hasn't made it in years, I do remember it was one of my favorites though.:tu

BirdJ likes this.