Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Suburbs???

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Dorkweed, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Dorkweed

Dorkweed Elite Refuge Member

Surfing the tube this afternoon as I got home from work early today. Wanted to catch up on the storms from yesterday.

Anyhow; according to WGN channel 9 in Chitcago, Ottawa, IL and Naplate, IL are now "suburbs" of Chitcago!!!! About dropped my beer!! Pretty bold of them, don't y'all think??!!! Know some folks down there and they don't want anything to do with Chitcago.

Pretty soon "Chitcago-land" in their minds will extend West to Iowa, South to Champaign, East to South Bend, IN!! Good thing Milwaukee and Madison in Wisconsin stop this ****!!!

2. keith_scumline

keith_scumline Elite Refuge Member

Yeah. Before they know it - they will be paying for a Chicago parking permit.

3. Lester Scaup

Lester Scaup Elite Refuge Member

I also saw that. Those folks think the state revolves around them...and if our financial situation is any indication, it does.

4. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

Another reason there ain't no ducks in central Illinois anymore. Chitago shi!water keeps rolling down stream. River going to flood stage right now because Chitago got hit and had to flush the 20 kazillion toilets. 3 ft of water headed downstream. Close the Illinois River and start flushing everything into Lake Michigan !!!

5. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Too much money along Lakeshore Drive to let that happen...unless silver carp suddenly start jumping in their yachts.

6. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

If they don't close the river the "flying" carp WILL GET THERE , barrier or no barrier. Probably sooner than later.

7. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Close the connection or not, they will probably get there in a minnow bucket.

3inch3's likes this.
  8. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

I sure hope not. The salmon fishery is already hurting and lake is full of mussels.

And...there's plenty of ducks in Central IL. Things change, areas of concentration shift, but there are still plenty of ducks to chase. I'm grateful for that.

9. Lester Scaup

Lester Scaup Elite Refuge Member

I've got to believe they are already in Lake Michigan. They've been found in Skokie Lagoon, which is no where near the Calumet River. Electric barrier or no electric barrier, all it takes is one tug boat with its huge prop to blast a few carp through that barrier. The barrier has been erected to make us all feel good. Waste of money, they're there already. Also, they won't be jumping into the yuppies yachts because the water is deep enough for them to go down not up.