Super Saturday's results. Are we headed to a Republican brokered convention?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

2. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

It's probably going to come down to Ohio and Florida. A brokered convention will be an interesting thing to watch. Trump is coming under more and more scrutiny and he's got shots coming at him from non candidates and non political folks that certainly could create some issues for him. His flame may be beginning to flicker instead of burning brightly. It looks like the republicans might end up making this thing a political contest instead of a reality show and that's Trumps biggest nightmare in my opinion.

3. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

The gop will turn on Cruz as well. When the party elite won't support the top two candidates by vote, the party itself is IMO about to die.

4. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

What will it take for the GOP to realized the evangelical vote is meaningles and is hold them back?

I predicted this brokered convention long ago

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Perhaps a once mighty bull elephant is going to die from the same corrupt cancer that is prevalent in WDC. We'll know in November. :pra

6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Seems to be...or at least being over taken by other concerns among the evangelicals.

7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

It is not meaningless, but you are confused in thinking the EGOP give a rats butt about it other than pandering for a vote.

I think that if we can get down to two candidates, and we should, by the 15th, and Cruz is right in his thinking to have it that prior. In FL I think it will be Trump winning, because Cruz is going into that state hard and is going to pull off Rubio support, might grab some of Trumps, but not enough to rise over Trump and will take enough from Rubio to keep him below as well. Good strategy on his part. Smart because that will end Rubio. People in CO and other states after will see him as a broken beat candidate that cannot win his own state.

That helps Cruz, and Donald if Rubio stays in, but if he goes I think it may help Cruz more. He is doing what the others have not and that is actually beat Trump. He is also speaking against a brokered convention and is right about that!!

Kasich and I like him, but none the less needs to get the heck out as well. He has no math that leads to getting to the front delegate count or even being close. So while I am not sure Cruz can beat Trump head to head, he is the only one currently positioned to do so and who is showing has interest in the middle of the country over Trump.

If there are any Rubio supporters left here, your candidate really is clueless, why after being labeled "LITTLE RUBIO" would you crawl into a supersized rocker and have the press snap pictures of you!! It landed on the center of Drudge, I saw it on at least 5 other news feeds this morning!!!
    Looks like a 4 year old sitting in grandmas chair!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

8. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

This one? That was taken last fall, before he was called Little Rubio.

9. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Okay, but it still is funny as heck!

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Rubio has been declared winner in Puerto Rico.