Super Saturday's results. Are we headed to a Republican brokered convention?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Mar 6, 2016.

1. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

I'm certainly not well sourced enough on the subject to put up all the facts or speak to them with any degree of detail. That said, generally I believe it can be summed up as a legal issue related to an aspect of fraud, in my opinion. Also, there appears to be an issue in NY related to whether the organization had the appropriate license to claim it was an educational organization. Clearly some people appear to believe they were mislead in the sales promotion and the school supposedly didn't live up all that it said it would.

2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

So...if you don't know what you're talking about why do you bring up Trump University?

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I think I hear drag peeling! Hold him hook! HOLD 'IM! :dv :l

4. eel river

Poor Bear, are you feeling low because the republican candidate is letting you down. :l Hey, I understand, I actually feel the same way. I'm pretty well read up on the court filings on the lawsuit (s). But, the "facts" are you appear to be wishing to have, any not yet facts, I suppose, until the court of law finalizes the case. Yes, there is the fact that a case has been filed. There is the fact that the organization was named Trump University. There is a fact that some feel as though they were mislead and that certain representations were apparently, in their view, fraudulent'ish. There also appears to be facts related to the sales efforts and that Trump and the organization disavow any wrong doing. You see, your question, while intriguing, doesn't fit your "want". I think you likely want there to be lesser issue with Trump (we all know that Hillary has significant issues) and would prefer that although Trump himself appears to be the king of insinuation, seemingly often of which various organizations performing fact checking suggest is reasonably off base (you note I won't say lying because I'm not convinced that he isn't just terribly confused most of the time), others don't insinuate much negative or suspicion of Trump. But alas, isn't this the very tactic of those who oppose Hillary. I don't know factually that Trump or the organization is guilty of anything because after all, the court hasn't formally decided. I don't though know whether the courses had anything related to how to deal with Chapter 11, but I think that there should have been a course on it and Trump certainly should have personally taught it since he proclaims himself the king of debt and it appears that Chapter 11 is an important tool in managing such, at times.

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

So now you're pretty well read on the court filings. When were you telling the truth...in your previous statement or now?

6. eel river

Having read through a lot of it doesn't in itself suggest that is factual or not in regard to the details of the case. Heck, that's why there is a lawsuit, because two parties appear to have a different view of the facts. So, unless you wish to align with one side vs. the other, whose to say what much of the facts are or aren't.

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Uhhh...you're dodging I didn't ask you what the facts were that would come out in the case later. I asked you why Trump was being sued. The court filings, which you say you're "pretty well read up on" would contain the why.

You sure do type a lot when you can't dazzle em with your brillance but attempt to cover with bull squat to mask the smell of the sheep "dip".

8. eel river

The court filings indicate that the folks who filed the suit, including the AG in NY, are doing so because they believed that the university was not licensed and that the business basically misrepresented and in essence was fraudulent in its sales and the deliverables to those who signed up. Of course, there are many insinuations and claims around each, which obviously a court will decided upon. Its pretty basic in regard to a lawsuit in my opinion.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

So it was a dispute about a license. You mean like calling itself a university and not a school? Horrible fraud...absolutely horrible. It will be interesting to hear if they claimed to be an accredited university.

So now it sounds like you know what you're talking about. Not that nonsense response which danced around my original question:

Just the facts...please...not the verbosity. You're too intelligent to need to resort to balderdash. Go play outside now...with the other sheep. :joker

10. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Brits vote to leave union, elites this side of the pond scared badly. Eel and other liberals worried and in attack mode.