Swapped the gas gun for a pump all smiles today

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Golovkin, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Looks like old Hevi Shot rounds? The Remington edition.

2. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

The first shot of the first double was a Remington Hevi-shot 7.5s, the second shot was a Remington Hevi-shot 4.

The second double was a Remington Hevi-shot shot 4 followed Remington Nitro Pheasant lead 4 at 1400fps.

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

I just can't process that, snow on the ground while hunting turkey even fall turkey, nice job!!

Fowler267 likes this.
  4. SB2MAG

Picture 200-250 Turkeys of all sizes in a combined corn field. Now picture a field like that every three miles. A lot of Turkeys but nobody hunts them because it's hard. Out of about 200,000 permits only 7% have are successful. It's so low, that next year they are extending the season to January 8th. Personally I really do not think the WI DNR knows how many turkeys they have.

The best way I like to hunt turkeys in the fall is to chase them into thick CRP then use the dog to pheasant hunt them and shoot them in the air.

JP, ronaldo, Fowler267 and 2 others like this.
  5. SB2MAG

BTW, I use REM oil. Works good in the cold temps.

JP likes this.
  6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Ok, since heat is simply the transfer of energy from one place to another, and since all matter contains energy, then windchill affects everything. You are an engineer, right? You should know these things. ;)
    This I can agree with, but it is a far cry from your original statement that windchill only affects things with “feelings.”

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  7. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

Okay how about this for you. Wind chill is a factor on how fast heat can be removed from an object depending on the delta "T"

ronaldo, TheDuckSlayer and Golovkin like this.
  8. Golovkin

Golovkin Senior Refuge Member

Can we agree that a thermometer is a lousy wind gauge? And a wind gauge is a lousy thermometer? Therefore when speaking about the temperature outside we should use a thermometer reading, and when talking about wind we should use a wind gauge? Not sure about others, but when its really cold outside I layer up in clothes and my outer layer doesn't let the wind pull my body heat away, so the 'windchill factor' isn't a factor.

9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I can agree with that to an extent. Where I differ is I dress a bit different when it's 10 degrees and calm than 10 degrees with a 20mph north wind.

ronaldo likes this.
  10. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Yup. It’s all about the wind. Daytime highs have been around 10-15* here but no wind. So it hasn’t felt that bad at all. Throw in a little wind though? Burrrr. That wind will tear right through you.