SX3 choke

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Red foot, Dec 6, 2017.

1. thekillerofmallard

thekillerofmallard Elite Refuge Member

I'm sure glad my choke has been stuck for YEARS. Or I'd be broke buying chokes that are not any better.:l:l:l

Red foot likes this.
  2. Buttesmacker

Buttesmacker Senior Refuge Member

Shouldn't you be loading up this year already?

3. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

I've shot both factory IC and Modified. Both work great. The Invector Plus system historically patterns really well and I'm a strong believer in the factory chokes. The engineers of these seem to know a little so folks can pay for an aftermarket choke and that keeps those companies in business but results I've had with all of my Gold's and SX3 guns tell me you don't need anything other than a factory choke.

Some folks just like to spend money I guess but if you like your results then that is what matters the most. Patternmasters are great chokes but most guys I've seen do not have the shooting ability to take advantage of how tight the patterns are that come from them.

Kevin

JuvieCoot and mjcook6 like this.
  4. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Son shoots the stock IC in his SX3 and he does just fine.

5. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Don't forget Kevin , most chokes are made by one of the Choke Companies ! Briley supplies a lot of chokes to manufactures ( Like Browning and Winchester )
    so , by ordering a aftermarket choke from one of these outfits , you might be getting another of what you already have !
    There's a reason for knowing the dimensions of your barrels "bore" so you can order a choke that will improve your patterns .
    The Patterning Board doesn't Lie.......if you really want to know ?

Jabird likes this.
  6. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

All I can add is that my replies are based on close to 40 years of tinkering with guns...1,000’s of rounds at patterning boards...

The guy who only shoots factory chokes has no foundation for any opinion on after-market chokes...

7. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

8. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

He does if he has tried them to see what all the fuss is about. In addition watching others use them and get less than desired results, well I think that is a pretty good foundation but to each his own.

People want to waste money go right ahead but before you do try your factory chokes. First thing some guys do are put an aftermarket choke in out of the box. My advice is try the factory ones first and you may be happy. If not then start your search for the holy grail.

Kevin

9. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Try a SKI choke. You can thank me later.

10. dukslayer26

dukslayer26 Senior Refuge Member

Since I bought the Super X2 when it first came out and in my Super X3 I only shoot a Briley extended IC. It has worked great for all ranges. Shoot the same choke in my 20 gauge M2 as well!