T.V. Evangilists

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by LouBshoes, Jan 4, 2006.

1. LouBshoes

LouBshoes Senior Refuge Member

Who watches this crap? Very brain washed people I suppose.:l Every time I see this on the Tube I just laugh and thank God I am not brainwashed into paying this guys salary.

2. TPM

TPM Elite Refuge Member

Most of what's on TV is garbage and is dishonoring to the Lord. These guys and gals will have a lot to answer for.

3. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

There are some good teachers on tv, but there are a lot of quacks.

4. NORSKE

NORSKE Senior Refuge Member

so Billy Graham is wrong but it's ok to watch some 95 yr old supposed prophet on tv is that right?

While i agree most are scam artists one should be careful what kettle you are calling black.

NORSKE

5. silvermallard

silvermallard Elite Refuge Member

TV and the movies are entertainment and not reality. The very fundamental purpose of both mediums is to DECEIVE...to trick you into what is called in theater "the suspension of disbelief." In layman's terms, to make you THINK that what is FAKE is real.

It never ceases to amaze me how many seemingly mature, semi-intelligent, otherwise rational people fall into the trap repeatedly.

6. Sinkbox<><

Sinkbox<>< Senior Refuge Member

"Who watches this crap?"

I don't get a chance to watch too much of it...but I do tend to like the David Jeremiah & Charles Stanley and even John Hagee ...."Give the Lord Praise" ( I love to hear him say that) ... when I can catch um on the tube. I also watch James Robinson's "studio show" if I'm home for lunch....it's a great show! Those that want to "sell me a prayer-cloth, or want me to send them money that I may become more prosperous" and those big on hitting folks in the head at the alter I tend to click on by. I've found some inspirational TV & Radio to be very informative on the more contemporary issues as it relates to the Christian faith.

Sinkbox<><
    Guess I'm one of those seemingly mature, semi-intelligent, otherwise rational people

7. QuakKillz

QuakKillz Senior Refuge Member

Dr Jeremih, John Hagee, Jentzen Franklin, and a few others that have been mentioned are good preachers, you kinda have to let the Spirit lead you to which ones are "right" and which ones are not....

8. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

Robert Tilton, WV Grant & Benny Hinn come to mind. What a bunch of crooks! That's one reason why it's important to study God's word so we can recognize false teachers.

9. silvermallard

silvermallard Elite Refuge Member

Actually, I like David Jeremiah and Charles Stanley. Neither of them are TV Evangelists. They are pastors of large churches. That is not to say that all pastors of churches are great and all evangelists are charletains, either. I am also a big fan of Billy and Franklin Graham...an evangelist and a missionary, respectively. I also like Hank Haanegraff and the Christian Research Institute's radio program. But they are apologists. But I think you take the entire TBN and toss it on the compost heap. It's entertainment...not ministry or education. I get plenty of the homespun "Christian" entertainment here in Branson without TBN. :rolleyes:

10. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Maybe the "crap"Lou is referring to are the "healers" ive seen on TV,
    Do I belive in faith healing? I sure do!
    But that isnt what Ive seen on TV, I see actors falling over backwards when some trickster touches there forehead