Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Tail loops

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by King Buck Hunts, Apr 5, 2017.

1. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I just used 3/16" poly, in black. Works fine.

2. King Buck Hunts

King Buck Hunts New Member

Yep, 3/16" is the perfect size. Not sure what you meant by "poly" - must be rope. I sure like the bungie cords. Got some thru Wal-Mart site @ $12.95/60'. Got a spool of white and one black on the way. Anything to standardize helps speed deployment and reducing training time for crew.

3. hunt'ngreen

hunt'ngreen Elite Refuge Member

I used roughly 3/16" camo cord, measured it out, cut it to length, burned the ends on a gas stove, tied overhand loop, pulled it tight w/pliers. Took a piece of wire and put a 90' hook on the end, (like fish tape) put it thru the tail hole (from tail end) and hooked the cord, pulled it through.... didn't drill a second hole..

4. waterfowl addict

waterfowl addict Senior Refuge Member

To cut and burn in one operation, take a board, two nails, stainless wire and a battery charger. It will take a bit of experimentation to get the right distance between the nails, but the longer you make it the more resistance and heat.

You can buy commercial unit, but I've cut literally tens of thousands of shots for building halibut and crab gear with this type of setup.

King Buck Hunts likes this.