Take a vet hunting!!!

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by FOWLER267, Jul 28, 2005.

1. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

Ranger 6 posted about swapping a hunt.. That got me to thinking that we should have some kind of sign up sheet or a way of linking up with vets who cant' easily hunt...

Anyone who has been on active duty can tell you that most of these guys travel lightly and dont have a place for all the gear that hunting requires. Guns are not exactly welcome in the barracks and most guys are out of state and dont know the area or landowners to find a spot.

How about showing a bit of appreciation instead of just signing the support thread on the main forum. Lets get these guys out for some fun when they have the chance!

I'm close to Fort Campbell KY. so anyone who would like to link up in this area ; just PM me... I am aware that the 101st is deploying this fall but we can work something out for when they return..

If some of you other guys are interested in helping out; respond with the area you live in and the seasons and times that you could take someone hunting or fishing ect.

Semper Fiduckis likes this.
  2. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

I am in central MA - would be happy to take a vet out if he's in the area in Oct/Nov.
    Bones

3. straitmeat72

straitmeat72 Elite Refuge Member

I am in dover,de right near dover air force base, and would be more then happy to take a vet out, they can name the time for their convienence either in de or md, :tu

4. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks guys, I have been stateside for a while so I am ok on hunting spots, just wanted to thank you for your support.

YL03

5. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

Hopefully; this could serve as a form of motivation for some of the guys... Time has a way of dragging sometimes...

And Yellowlab; THANK YOU for what you do! :tu

6. Stubbs

Stubbs Senior Refuge Member

Well i am an active duty Marine stationed in Norfolk Virginia and I would love to hook up with anyone for a hunt of any kind. I really want to try grouse hunting, but i am open o anything.
    Casey

7. pamungus

pamungus Elite Refuge Member

i got deer hunting on the mason dixion line if it would help a active duty guy out.

8. HONKERS41

HONKERS41 Elite Refuge Member

Hey Im in....don't care if i go on a swap hunt..but i'll surely take a Vet , i can go for Ducks, geese, Deer,Spring turkey...here in Pa...i hunt mostly on the water..but i do have a few fields here in Pa....and the deer and Turkey hunting is a lock on...N.P. honkers19001@yahoo.com...

9. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

10. ted brogan

ted brogan Senior Refuge Member

ksboy get up with stairtmeat 71.If he cant get you out I'll get you outTell him i told you look him up. Semper Fi :tu