Take a vet hunting!!!

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by FOWLER267, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

Looking for someone to help me understand this northeastern waterfowling thing along the coast! I haven't ever really been close enough to think about eiders or brant, but apparently the northeast has em. Uncle Sam saw fit to move me to just outside Springfield, MA for the next few years so I'm trying to take advantage of how unique this area is while I'm here.

Had great success with this last time with QuackerDuck when I asked for it, and what's the worst you can say? No? Willing to travel to Maine, RI, CT, and I guess even back down towards NJ if you think we can work something out. Thanks in advance!

2. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

Guys , Had him and another Vet for a 3 day hunt in Maryland. Had a lot of fun with the 2 of them. Hope to see someone help get him out.

3. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

Arent you supposed to be in Germany? Get off the internet and enjoy your vacation!

4. quackerduck

My wife lets me on the internet at night . flying back home tomorrow. Good luck on your Eider hunt.Post some pics. Got 2 Vets coming Dec 17th way to warm in Md ,hope winter shows up soon.

5. Dog tired

Dog tired Refuge Member

Hoping for the best for yall and the birds. Don't shoot the decoys!

6. Maze1284

Maze1284 New Member

Anyone on here with land near southern California that can help me out with some hunting opportunities?

7. gander_lander34

gander_lander34 Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys, for any of you vets out there, doesn't matter if you're active, reserve, retired, or just served a couple of years. If you raised your right hand at some point in your life and defended freedom and the American way of life, you qualify to be a part of The Fallen Outdoors. We're a 501(c)(3) non-profit group that gets veterans into the outdoors. We are completely pro-staffed by vets, a lot of us still active duty. NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE gets paid a paycheck or salary. Every donation we get goes straight into the accounts and back to the trips. All we do is get vets out hunting and fishing. Even newcomers who want to learn to hunt or fish are welcome as well. We have 38 chapters throughout the country including Alaska. If you want to be a part of this, go on to Facebook and type in the Fallen Outdoors All Veteran Community Page. Get yourself added and find out who the team leader in your state is. That's where we post up all the hunts and fishing trips. Just follow whatever the post says. It's extremely easy and almost always costs nothing. Only things that you usually have to pay for are your own licenses, etc. If you don't have rods and guns, someone can hook you up. This is a great resource for guys and gals who just moved to a new base and don't know the lay of the land. Our folks will help you out and get you on fish or game. It's what we're all about.

If you are a non-veteran civilian and you would like to help in ways of a hunt donation, land access, guide services, etc. Please don't hesitate to contact one of our admins or myself (Justin at 812-606-5544) and let them know who you are and what you would like to offer. They'll put you in contact with the team leader for that state and get the hunt or fishing trip lined up. It's a great organization.

8. JamesM

JamesM New Member

Hello, my name is James and I am an Airborne Infantryman currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I am being reassigned to Fort Myer in Arlington, VA and I will be there in November and start work up there in December. I love hunting anything but I especially have a passion for hunting waterfowl. I am looking to hopefully get linked up with somebody that can show me some of the ins-and-outs of hunting in Virginia. Definitely don't want to go to anybody's honey-hole and I have some decoys I can contribute. I also have a canoe that I would be more than willing to use and I would be happy to do the driving. I also have some decent stories and not so decent calling skills that I can throw in the basket. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

James

Fowler267 likes this.
  9. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

Almost a year since the last post.
    i can take a vet or two for rabbit hunting on public land to show the ropes.
    Starting from the first week of July just after long weekend.
    PM if you have HL and gun safety oriented.

10. quackerduck

I have been donating hunts thru Hunters Helping Heroes for the past 5 years. I run my own waterfowl hunts from the lower eastern shore of Maryland. I do a 3 day hunt with 2 Vets at a time and have a slot for 2017-18 season. 1 day puddle ducks, 1 day geese and 1 day scoters. Let me know if i can help and if so find 1 buddy to come with you.