Take a vet hunting!!!

Discussion in 'Swap A Hunt Forum' started by FOWLER267, Jul 28, 2005.

1. rossy

rossy Senior Refuge Member

I'm a vet (USN 1988-1994) new to SW Ohio, and would like to hook up with anyone for duck hunting in the areas around Miami, Shelby, Auglaize, Logan, Champaign, Clark, Darke, Preble, Butler, and Montgomery counties.

I live in Troy

Thanks

Jose

2. goose-caller

goose-caller Senior Refuge Member

i just moved back to la crosse from 29 palms cali and haven't been duck/goose hunting in 4 years. during my move i only had my car and had to leave my guns and hunting stuff(except my .45) at my parents in az. i was in the marine corps 0311.

3. DUKHUNTR

DUKHUNTR Senior Refuge Member

My link is in the sponsers area as the IL DucK Hunter. I'm a vet and would be glad to take any active duty vet hunting with me. Contact me thru my link.

4. Stubbs

Stubbs Senior Refuge Member

Man I sure wish I lived closer to some of you. Instead I live out here on the east coast and Its hard to get away for the weekend to go hunting. I do appreciate all who have ponied up to hunt with a vet. Being in the service for the past 16 years I havnt seen so much love towards vets in a long while.
    Again Thanks
    Casey brown
    SSGT/USMC

5. DUKHUNTR

DUKHUNTR Senior Refuge Member

I think the reason you see a more positive attitude towards Vets today is because there are still so many of us alive with family from Viet Nam and we all know what it feels like to have served with no positive response from the general public. Even after all these years I am still bitter. I was constantly reminded by liberals how we (my generation of GI's) lost in Viet Nam. I really felt vindicated after the great victorys in the two gulf wars. Especially in the last one the way 3rd Infantry stormed across the desert and CREAMED those battle tested Iraqi's (yea battle tested - they never faced americans). Kind of reminded me of the movie Patton. You gotta love the american GI. Several of my buddys were marines (drafted no less) and died in Nam. Gone but not forgotten. The way guys like me that survived pay honor to them is by making sure guys like you on duty today get treated with respect. Semper Fi and Go Army!

6. rossy

rossy Senior Refuge Member

DUKHUNTR, screw what the Liberals say. We lost Viet Nam because of THEM. Because of micromanaging Democrat pricks like LBJ and Robert McNamara.

If someone like Ronnie had been Prez/CinC back them, the dogs of war would have been let loose and Viet Nam would be full of American beach resorts today.

You guys did alright. Let no one else say otherwise. :tu

Jose Rossy
    USN 1988 - 1994

7. GunnerDog

GunnerDog Elite Refuge Member

Any vet is welcome in my boat anyday! Great idea. If any Vet is interested in an open water diver (layout) hunt or puddle duck hunt in Kentucky, just give me a shout.

We can do Ohio River puddle ducks or open water divers in Western KY.

Brandon
    502 445 2111 (cell)

8. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

Hey guys; since its a slow process for new guys to get registered on the 'fuge; maybe we should list phone numbers for those who read but cant' respond to the posts. (270) 853-1911 (Max)

9. duckklr69

duckklr69 Elite Refuge Member

Hey guy's I'm in Iraq now, wont be home till next summer, from Ft. Drum, I'd love a chance to meet and hunt with some fellow Fuge members and I also would love to have some of you come hunt with me on the St. Lawrence river, this goes for any vet's in the area also, send me a PM.

10. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

Give me a day or two and I'll go to the NY forum and find some contacts for you.. Keep your powder dry and have the best Thanksgiving that can be had in Iraq!! Please spread the word around to other hunters and fisherman in your unit.

We are thrilled to be able to give you guys something to look forward to and to get your mind of the daily worries. Once again. THANKS for the service and the sacrifice!! :tu