Take the Nikon - Canon Challenge,,,(if you dare)

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Dizzy Duck, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Mike Bons

Mike Bons Senior Refuge Member

I am posting this as a comparison between my old XTi and a 7D. All images were taken using the 70-200 f/2.8L IS lens.

XTi - (yes the DOF is a little shallow but loved the bokeh)

[​IMG]

7D -

[​IMG]

XTi - Sure the 3/4 tones should have been opened up a little, but I still like the image.

[​IMG]

7D -

[​IMG]

My point is the glass you use, and your skill as a photographer is more important that the camera body. I got plenty of decent images from my old Xti. Now that I have had more years of experience, I enjoy the advanced settings of the 7D and the 8fps. However, when I had the XTi, I noticed a world of difference when upgrading to my professional quality lenses.

Mike

2. HNTFSH

HNTFSH Senior Refuge Member

3. Paddler

Paddler Banned

Nikon D300, Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4, shot at f/8, I think:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's good enough for my needs. This particular lens was rated highly by Photozone, who called it one of the few nearly flawless lenses they have tested.

4. du lifer

du lifer Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    Can't find my original for this one...but 5D, 70-200L2.8

5. Dixie_Diva

Dixie_Diva New Member

All though I shoot Canon, I am not biased one way or the other. I have seen absolutely amazing shots with both Canon & Nikon. I think the better the glass the better the result.

Here are a couple that I have taken with my Canon 30D

[​IMG]
    24-105 f4/L; taken at 75mm; f4;Manual; ISO1250

[​IMG]
    100-400 f4.5-5.6/L; taken at 210mm; f4.5; Manual; ISO 500

[​IMG]
    100-400 f4.5-5.6/L; taken at 220mm; f4.5; Manual; ISO320

6. patrickwellis

patrickwellis Senior Refuge Member

Here are pics from my Nikon D80 and the 18-200 VR lens. All hand held and no post pic processing. These are straight out of the camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. goosekllr88

goosekllr88 Senior Refuge Member

Been a while since I've visited, but I'd like to share some pictures that I have captured using a Nikon DSLR over the past several months. I believe that whether you have Nikon or Canon, as long as you have some artistic capabilities, you will be able to gather incredible images. The sensors in these cameras are amazing, and when asked for suggestions I say just get a body you can afford, you'll get good pictures out of a Canon or Nikon DSLR. Lens does make a huge difference though, I think it can take a great image and make it a phenomenal image. If this is too many pictures, please let me know and I can cut down on the amount.

Some Examples from the Nikon D90, 50mm f/1.8 lens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D90, Stock 18-105 VR lens, f/8:

[​IMG]

I'm going to post some more in the next post as well.

Jason

8. goosekllr88

goosekllr88 Senior Refuge Member

Some more!

D90, also from the Stock 18-105 VR Lens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then a couple with the D90, Sigma 10-20mm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the end, I do not like to debate between Nikon and Canon due to the fact that I think they are both capable of what the photographer can make of them. I like Nikon's user interface better, but that's probably because that's what I have been shooting with for the past 4 years when I got into photography. I do not have the financial means to purchase super expensive equipment, but maybe once I do I will be able to determine a preference between the two!

Jason

9. cdphotos82

cdphotos82 New Member

Here are a few of Mine. They were shot with a Nikon D3s and a Nikon 200-400 VRII with a 1.4 teleconverter.. The macro was shot with the Nikon 105 2.8 Macro lens. The panoramic was a HDR shot with a Nikon D700 and a Nikon 24-70 2.8 composed of 15 different images stitched and layered together.. Nikon is all ive ever shot. One of my best friends who is a pro shooter in NYC shoots Canon so i use his equipment alot when i go for visits. I like both but i just prefer the Nikons. The ISO capabilities are beyond anything out there for low light shooting and the big lens' are actually a little cheaper than Canon.. Both amazing companies and both produce out of this world images.. I dont know how to insert images right onto here so here are a few links.. Enjoy.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdanielphotos/7120208111/in/photostream/lightbox/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdanielphotos/7212513788/in/photostream/lightbox/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdanielphotos/7158822709/in/photostream/lightbox/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdanielphotos/7185367847/in/photostream/lightbox/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/cdanielphotos/7185365715/in/photostream/lightbox/

10. Gimp Hunter

Gimp Hunter Elite Refuge Member

I took this with my Nikon D40 wit a 70-300 lens. I love the way it turned out.

[​IMG]