Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Tangle Free Panel Blind

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by don835, Jan 20, 2018.

1. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Thinking about getting this blind, maybe 2. Anyone use this set up for a blind? Your thoughts Please.

2. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Didn't like them. Bought a redneck waterfowl blind $349. Best blind out there.

3. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

They sure look easier to set up and transport than the redneck blind. What didn't you like about them? Did you originally purchase one or two of the panel blinds?

4. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Hunted out of the panel blind this year, it was a simple set up, and take down. With that being said you would need to buy two sections if you want to cover yourself Front and back. It also has some space between the panels making a cold blind. If you buy 2 sections, for the cost, I would do a Avain X.

Rogers has the Redneck on sale for $299, no experience with it, they also have a Time lapsed vedio of it being set up. It is also the only one with a roof option. Rumor has that might change this upcoming season.

5. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

My thoughts as well. I will need/want 2 sections, a front and back. By the time I by the 2 panels and $150 for a top It would pay to get the Avian X. Thanks for the input guys.

6. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

The redneck is sturdy. I like the front opening up to shoot. Lot of room and 2 side zippers for easy in and out.

7. yogibear

yogibear Senior Refuge Member

I am debating between the Tanglefree Panel blind with 2 panels or the Redneck blind. I move around and want something that is easy to set up and throw in trailer or back of pick up? How portable is the Redneck blind as far as setting it and transport?

8. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

The redneck blind looks like a hassle to assemble/disassemble.

9. Quack_killz

Quack_killz New Member

I have a TF Panel blind and absolutely love it! Very versatile for many situations, hunts 4-5 men comfortably. Will order the flip top roof during off season.

Ringbill likes this.
  10. full choke

full choke Senior Refuge Member

I bought a set up this year. I have two panels, the flip tops, and snow covers for all. Pretty neat blind- worked great in one sandbar setting, kind of tough in field use. It worked better than expected one day out in a cut corn field with some snow on the ground- we actually landed a flock of 40 geese at 30yds. I never believed that would be possible. Another time we tried it toward an edge of a corn field with significantly more snow, and it stood out like a turd in a punchbowl. Definitely a nice tool to have, but not a do-all by any means. It is very nice to be able to sit and stand to shoot vs laying down all of the time.
    I see the blind as viable for 3 guys- especially if you have to use the stabilizer bars (they kind of cluster up the useable foot space). I just don't see 4-5 guys comfortably, at least not if you are using the panels as a front/back configuration. If you configure the doors right- a dog is no problem. Folds up and transports easily enough. You have to be careful with the flip tops some times as they can cause the panels to fall forward.

brentbullets likes this.