Tanglefree panel blind

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by brentbullets, Aug 12, 2016.

1. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

With that being said, we have an A frame coming. Seems way more blind for the money.

2. LuxuryHunter

LuxuryHunter Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

I've got 2 of these on order. Will report back in a few weeks when I get to use them for early season honkers

3. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

A frames are awesome. I checked out the Panel blind, similar deal. Both are great, I think the A-frame is $100 less.

4. Ganderman

Ganderman Senior Refuge Member

Gotta give Zink credit on the A-frame blind and finally figuring out how to mass-produce it. Guys in the midwest have been hunting big canadas on the edges for years with hog panel and fast grass mats, as I'm sure others across the country have too. What I find interesting is, layout blinds came along because the geese were too wary of the edges and fencerows and we needed to get in the middle of the field, and now commercially things are being marketed to going back to A-frames and the old style of edge hunting. So, how long will it take to re-educate them back to avoiding that method of hunting and we'll be dusting off and pulling the layouts back out!!!??

Greenhead Rocker likes this.
  5. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

I think both layouts and A frames have their place. I wouldn't try setting up an A frame in the middle of a field, unless there is a pivot head, grass strip, rock-pile etc. Middle of a field I'll still set up a layout. The A frame just give you another option that is more comfortable and more enjoyable.

6. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

If they cost 299 for a blind how do the panels only cost 13.50 apiece

7. 10ga.crazy

10ga.crazy Senior Refuge Member

I'm getting to an age where layouts are not the fun they once were. A buddy and I set up on a treeline that split a grain field a couple weeks ago. The day before myself and two other buddies had hunted from layouts. Both time the primary target was snows. Day 1 in the layouts middle of a pea field with 500 decoys, 8 flyers, rotator with 4 flyers and e-caller(legal here in SK in fall) we shot 38 snows, 13 canadas and 6 mallards. Day 2 my buddy and I tucked into the treeline, seated on portable chairs next to a 40 yard wide gap in the treeline birds had been cycling through field side to field side feeding day before, no blinds, just camo'd well and keeping still, 3 dozen canada silos on south side of treeline and 2 dozen blue silos, 1 1/2 dozen snow socks, two snow flyers on north side of treeline. Wind from north. Mouth calls only. 10 Snows, 5 Specks, 2 Canadas, 14 mallards. For the ease of putting out the small spread and the comfort of being seated on chairs tucked into a treeline I was quite happy with the results. When snows and specks are coming in feet down wings cupped 20 yards from a treeline I'll take that hunt over my layout blind any day.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  8. Jbyrd88

Jbyrd88 Refuge Member

I bought two Tanglefree panel blinds and have had good success with them. I really like the option of using them as a full blind with front and back cover (which fits four comfortably and can hunt five) or as just a front side cover for tree lines or brushy grassy fence rows. We had a cut corn field with no real cover other than two thin standing rows left down the middle of the field. We put two panel blinds side by side on those rows, brushed them in and hunted eight guys with good success. They only take one man to set up, unlike the Avian-X ones that need at least two guys to set up the tubing and cover. My opinion they offer a lot more options for cover, easy to set up, and can conceal more guys with one full blind (2 panels for a a front and back) depending on how your using it, like on a tree line. With the Avians you would need two of them for eight guys no matter what or where you placed them. On panel can even hide one or two guys fully covered.

Our group has six guys in it. We don't all hunt together all the time. So $100 bucks a guy is not bad for two of them. But my opinion still worth the money.

9. QuinnNadu

QuinnNadu Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

These blinds are awesome. I have been hunting them hard already this season. They brush up really easy and are compact to store. Here are a few photos of my use with them. I use them from corn fields to boat blind panels to water blinds.

boat.png blind.png

10. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

I think the guide price on these is $180 each and at that price I'd get one, but not at $300. I look forward to Avery, Rogers, etc. coming out with their version of one next year. I used fast grass on hog wire years back and just got tired of dealing with unrolling it, using u-posts to open up, etc. I think someone like the panel blind with stubble strap is the way to go. I'm a gadget guy and love seeing new ideas.