Decoy Forum Sponsors

Tanglefree specks

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Russnutt209, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Russnutt209

Russnutt209 Senior Refuge Member

So I picked up 8 of the tanglefree speck decoys during the sale as a Christmas gift to myself. When I received them I was super stoked because they look awesome. Texas rigged and in a 12 slot bag I put them out yesterday and when I was picking them up the paint has chipped on the bills on almost all of them and some has rubbed away from being put in the bag. Should I call tanglefree and ask them. What heck? I usually only buy higdon and avian x but these were such a good deal I pulled the trigger. I took a picture of the least damaged bill. 20180106_125712.jpg Thanks russ.

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

You think the birds can see that?

3. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

oh, geez:doh

4. Russnutt209

Russnutt209 Senior Refuge Member

That one no but some of the other ones the paint is completely gone.

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Well, if I was gonna post a complaint about paint peeling, I would have posted the worst one, not the least one.

6. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Call whoever you purchased them from and see if they will send new ones.I personally wouldn't worry to much,Except paint issues Could be on other areas also and that would be a problem.
    Tell yhem to send you new ones, they might.
    If they do touch up the bad ones.

7. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

We kill them over mallard decoys don’t think they will see the chipped paint only you do if they get close enough to see the chips they better be belly up with feet kicking

8. Cocklebur

Cocklebur Senior Refuge Member

Decoy paint seems to be shotty at best by most manufacturers these days. I have had decent luck with Tangle-free in the past but personally I wouldn't worry too much about a little scuff on the beak.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.