Tax Reform - Swamp will be Happy

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by eel river, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Ahh Native don't be that way! (Edited to remove the personal attack)

I fully expected all of what is taking place, hoped for other outcomes but McConnell and Ryan are burning every bit of good will they have with the people, Dems keep missing the landing rope so they remain adrift by supporting racist groups in the name of rejecting racism. Your centers of Dem control will remain but we should have a new outlook in 19 for the next 6 years of Trump!

2. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

It's called leadership. Some people are skilled at working both sides of the aisle, compromising, finding common ground and nudging people in the direction yo want them to go.

Trump has shown no ability to do that when it comes to getting his agenda passed. He sat back and watch his own party flounder. And then he attacked them for it. That's not leadership.

3. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

This is why hart you and others like you don't get it! Trump is not representing the people in DC who want the status quo to continue. You don't no matter how skilled nudge a crack addict into putting down the pipe! You call them out, point to the fact they are addicted and offer an intervention. When they after the intervention return to the pipe, you say, hey you have an addiction problem, and I am not making excuses for you! Tough love is what we call it!

But you instead it seems only want more people to become addicted, have the core of the soul rot !

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Universally, withing the republican party, the issues were health care reform, tax reform, and border security. The republicans are in the majority. They don't need leadership. They need to do what they promised when they ran. They only thing they need to know is the President will sign the bill.

My concerns have ALWAYS been with the actions of the House and Senate.

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Wait... You mean to tell me the president can't just make laws up as he goes, all by himself?

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I said the same things during the obama years. People worried about gun control, (or pick your other panic issues). The only concern with obama is that he would sign such legislation if put in front of him. The president is the last 'check' in the system. (Not that I am telling anyone anything new here)

Yet, we concentrate on the office of the president. 90% of what is posted here is on the OotP. Easy target, one person. Eyes remain closed to the real problem.

7. stevena198301

Oh, now, now... Quit acting like a 15% approval rating for the last 10 years is a real problem. ;)

pintail2222 likes this.
  8. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

I've come to the conclusion that the public's low approval rating of congress while reelecting incumbents, demonstrates little except that the public either doesn't understand math, the limits of representational government, or both.

9. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I wonder how to evaluate those numbers, especially with consideration that those same number grinders also predicted that Hillary would be the one.

10. stevena198301

Lower, maybe? :dv