Taxidermist In Gainesville?

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by T.A.W., Dec 3, 2003.

1. Lawrence

Lawrence Refuge Member

I just got a letter from Tony last night, He is now only doing birds so his turnaround time is better. He has done some nice mounts for me. I won one of his mounts and was concerned it would be a rush job. NOt so. It was beautiful. He has done 4 birds for me and they are top notch. One of his displays can't hold a candle for what he did for me.
    There is a guy named Bill Comstock who does great work over in Homosassa as well.

2. T.A.W.

T.A.W. Guest

Thanks for all of the information. I decided to go with Tony from everything I have heard. I just dropped off the Drake Woodduck off at Tony's today in Hawthorne. I liked how they had all the mounts in the museum so I could pick the monut position I wanted. It should be ready in three months. I will post pictures as soon as I get it back. Thanks for the information and see ya in the woods.

3. blankenship landon

blankenship landon Refuge Member

TAW you want be disapointed with Tonny i have 12 ducks that he has done and there all great. just make sure you keep them dusted often or they will lose there color. i dust my at least 2 times a month i have 22 to dust so it does take up some time but its worth to keep them looking great. most of the guys in ths area use him he has a pair of mallards of my right now cant wait to geat them back. enjoy that woodduck when you get it back because it will be the first of many iam guessing.
    Landon

4. Atarax

Atarax Refuge Member

I had a common scoter done by Tony in hawthorn. I didn't even walk out the door with it. The feathers weren't preened, the head was lopsided, and the eyes weren't even. He put the feet sticking straight out behind the mount. They took it back and he at least fixed the head. Was the worst job I'd seen in a very long time. I will NEVER give him another bird. Tony's artistic taxidermy in Melrose is pretty good.