TDB 17 Sea Class

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by DCFIREMANN, Aug 28, 2018.

1. DCFIREMANN

DCFIREMANN Senior Refuge Member

I am the proud owner of an original Maine built Sea Class 17. It's a 1999 model year and 1 of only a handful built in Maine before the fiberglass shop burnt down. Well after 19 years I took her to Cape Cod where the company is now located for a complete rehab and a few upgrades. I got 1 pic yesterday from Tom Olsen (the new owner). I have to say I am very excited and can't wait to head back up there and bring her home. The boat might be on display in Tuckerton this year and will be in Easton this November. As soon as I get to see her in person I will post a few pics.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Masterchiefmike likes this.
  2. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Where's the picture...tease!!!!

Blake Johnson and DCFIREMANN like this.
  3. DCFIREMANN

As soon as I get some I will post them. I asked Tom to post them on the TDB Facebook page as well.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

4. DCFIREMANN

Finally got a few pics. The boat in not completely finished yet. I should be bringing her home the end of this month.

Attached Files:

Fowler267 likes this.
  5. kyfowler

kyfowler Senior Refuge Member

DC,

Looks nice and fresh!!

What was the reason for the complete rehab? Damage, fading, fiberglass wear??

Only reason I ask is because I have an original as well.

6. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    They are doing a great job!

Masterchiefmike likes this.
  7. MLBob

MLBob Senior Refuge Member

Looks like they did a great job! I have a TDB 14 built in Maine prior to the fire and when Christian was running the company. You'll certainly get many seasons enjoying your 19.

Drakeshoot104i.jpg

Drakeshoot104j.jpg

Fowler267 likes this.
  8. DCFIREMANN

Well originally I wanted/needed new grass rails and wanted to up grade the boat to LED lighting. I was going to order the grass rails from the company but after talking to Tom Olsen I decided to do the rehab. It had a few bumps in the gelcoat. I have been talking to Tom for the last 8 months before finally taking it up there. The duck club I belong to has a lot of water on the Monie Bay. This thing is perfect for hunting down there. I can trailer it down and leave it for the season. I can't wait to get it back home.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

9. DCFIREMANN

I bought this boat in 2000 from a hunter in Michigan. He got transferred and had no use for it. I got a killer deal on it. I have had many great seasons in it and looking forward to many more. I am still thinking about upgrading to a 21 in the future.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

10. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

Those are nice boats, but before you up grade, take a look at Duckwater boats. I have a 17 Ocean, they're hard to beat.

BAYDOG likes this.