Teal report for 2015 out

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by Den and Jack, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Den and Jack

Den and Jack Senior Refuge Member

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/documents/tealsummarywi.pdf

Looks like observed parties were within the law this year. I'm hoping that we get through the third year of the experimental season and move towards a permanent teal season. This assumes bird numbers are adequate to support a teal season.

pointblind likes this.
  2. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

I too hope wi continues the early teal.I love shooting geese but hate eating and cleaning them.throwing the teal season in for 7 days is a great way to take the edge off till opener:yes

3. gunut

gunut Senior Refuge Member

Im on the other side of the fence on this one....I understand the early goose season; to control the local population...but we don't need to control the population of teal....and I don't care for a duck opener, B4 the duck opener....

WIQUACKER likes this.
  4. WIQUACKER

WIQUACKER Elite Refuge Member

I see both sides of it. Personally, I don't get excited to hunt early teal. I hate battling mosquitos in their home environment just to shoot 6 tiny, brown, undistinguished ducks. Plenty of time for that come late Sept./early Oct. I actually prefer hunting ducks in late November/ early December here. So if they were to do away with it, I wouldn't be bothered a bit.

On the other hand I understand that guys want to get out and shoot dumb, uneducated ducks. Guys want a few more days of opportunity. Some guys like eating teal so much that they want to fight some skeeters(I enjoy teal btw). So to me it doesn't make a bit of difference what they do, I'm all for guys getting more opportunity even though I don't want it.