Teal?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by fishnfool, Oct 14, 2008.

1. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

My preferred method of cooking ducks is to pound them with a pan until thin and suuuper tender, rinse all the blood out, marinade in teriyaki sauce and slap on the grill till rare.

I moved and can't have a grill at my apt but now I have a bunch of teal in my freezer . My wife doesn't like duck (she never had it as above though) and I'm not good at cooking it any different than above.

Anyone have a recipe for teal breast that will make her not roll her eyes every night when I pack up the gun and dekes for the next morning? IMO teal is one of the tastiest ducks and I don't want to just cover it in a cream of mushroom soup or gravy. Thanks.

2. Trav28

Trav28 Elite Refuge Member

You could probably get similar results in a cast iron skillet or grill pan:)confused:) square frying pan with grill lines.

3. davie6

davie6 Senior Refuge Member

How about a George Foreman Grill? I always use it when it gets too cold to grill or we run out of gas for the grill. Doesn't have the exact same taste as from the grill but it's good for when the grill isn't an option.