Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Teaxs Bird People Seminar Results

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by Wildthings, Aug 8, 2004.

1. HoytHitman

HoytHitman Senior Refuge Member

Wildthings, i think i sent you a PM, i say think becuase my computer gliched up when i sent it. just wondering if you got it.

2. txtac

txtac Elite Refuge Member

next to the happy fridge in God's Country...TEXAS
    Well, we really think that he did shoot that Mallard, but the other one he has... Well, lets just say we're not sure. But I know I saw two go down due to my expert marksmanship;)

Who loves ya Robert:tu

3. LuckyDucker

LuckyDucker Elite Refuge Member

You forget, I've seen you shoot and have seen your "marksmanship" (term used loosely). But, just because you shot at the same time that I did doesn't mean the only duck to hit the water was yours. ;)

Keep it up, we'll see who's swimmin' out after their ducks. :nutz Or, I'll just go hunt with Woodiesmacker. ;)

Seriously though, your woodie should be fine for a long time. You just need to wrap it up better so you can keep from spilling your beer on it. If you're worried about it, I'll take it. I could use some more practice. :yes

4. HarlequinTaxidermy

HarlequinTaxidermy Elite Refuge Member

Went and saw your photos page..

Hope you haven't taken all the tape off already... If so.. you need to put it back else the feathers will dry whever they want to dry. The tape should remain on for a good two weeks to be safe

Jon

5. LuckyDucker

LuckyDucker Elite Refuge Member

I actually just took the tape off to take those pics. I put new tape (less sticky) on afterwards. I didn't remove the wires either. I did take the pins out of the eyes though.

Thanks for the letting me know though. I was curious how long it should stay on there.

6. GSPmutt

GSPmutt Elite Refuge Member

Got a picture of Robin and his park duck at lunch today, he also was shaking his head all day wondering why he came, but hey I think he ended up alright.

7. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Sounded like a great event. Sure beat sanding and painting a trailer all weekend like I did.

:tu

8. txtac

txtac Elite Refuge Member

next to the happy fridge in God's Country...TEXAS
    I know...I need better contacts, or to shoot with my dominant eye. But, I was still shooting pretty good last year, at least the beginning of the year. Then I got worse.

The only one I hope to see swimming is Hunter. Unless you fall in, then I will only laugh a little ;)

If you want to try mounting up my woody, you are welcome to it. If you mess it up to much, I know a good woody hut on my favorite lake. Although, I have never been able to get them to land new me, they do fly around. Need the boat to get to it though.

9. GSPmutt

GSPmutt Elite Refuge Member

I was looking through some of my old photos and came across one that reminded me of Bill on Saturday. Enjoy.

10. HarlequinTaxidermy

HarlequinTaxidermy Elite Refuge Member

That sums up Bill Woodie to a "T".