Terri Schiavo Tried to Tell Parents' Attorney She Wanted to Live

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Tom Phillips*, Mar 20, 2005.

1. pamungus

pamungus Elite Refuge Member

people here are stateing opions about this because of there emotions! the same way animal rights people due it just so happens that you tend to feel closer and have a bond to a human. there are a list of criteria that can be used to determin brain function and with the attention that this is getting i am sure they have exhausted all of them. she could not have spoke ,mouthed,liped, i wanna... thus she would no longer be concidered brain dead. people see basic reflex and assume that there is someone/something still inside but i am sorry to say there is not. tramatic brain injury is mesured in degrees of severaty and from what i have come to understand sh is past the level where any cognignitve thinking can be acheived. something to concider is that we are not only decideing when someone should die but also how long someone should live. you can be brain dead and still be kept alive artificaly your lungs and respitoy drive fails you go on a vent. your kidneys fail dialysis is for you, your heart fails first you get a pacemaker, then a ballon pump, then a vad, mabey a artifical heart like a jarvic, or how about a transplant, lets not for get about lipids and tpn, and pressors to elevate your blood pressure, all of this to keep a body/vessel in a state of homeostasis when in fact any soul or personalaty has left never to return just because we as humans cant let go...when we do this and take it this far we are playing the role of god just like taking out the feeding tube is no better no worse.

2. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

The father wanted a new house out of the settlement money. When Micheal didn't give him the money to build one then he became the evil son-in-law.

3. BoyScout

BoyScout Senior Refuge Member

Dad all he wanted was a house out of the settlement money. Was that before or after he said (publically)we'll sign it all over to you, all we want is our daughter? I think these were very public statements. Probably inadmissable also, but no alterior cash motive for sure.

At least the posts are consistent, Dad is a money leech & son in law loves daughter, and other hottie, and new daughters, and, and...

Through Judge Greer's 3 tube pulls the Schindler family has been consistent with any loving parental/filial duties in a civilized and caring society; take the money, give us our daughter.

4. pamungus

pamungus Elite Refuge Member

you know i have tried to keep a open mind to most of the replys on these two threads, but fact of the matter is most people have a opion on this subject bases off a idea and have never had to go through anything like it. most of you have never had someone that you were taking care of die in front of you, on you ,for that matter all over you. add on top of that make the person a dear friend or loved one so why should you even have a opion. i see people die at work bfd its my job i dont know them and death happens to all of us. however 2 just over a year ago i lost my best friend to cancer at the ripe old age of 32 he did not go to the dr when he found a bleeding mass on his leg the year before because it was deer season and we were having a great season. then in december of the same year on december 21(his birthday) i lost my father after a long illness when he was getting taken to the ambulance he asked my mother if she was going to be ok and if it was ok for him to go he was tired of the pain. well who were we to force him through more treatment , surgerys and pain it was his pain and tourture not ours even that close to christmas. as for carl my friend during one of our talks he said almost the same thing that he fought as hard as he could but he could not do it any more. i guess we should have forced him to have more chemo and radiation because of how much he ment to us. SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE for letting your feeling dictate what these people have to through or even begining to understand what they are going through as well as all of the family members.

you know after posting and rereading this i dont know if this is a apropreate post but i am not going to edit it i know it is one-sided and i am sorry if it offends anyone but its how i feel on the subject

5. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Senior Refuge Member

You sound like George Wallace, when he was governor of Alabama! Then the feds passed a law and sent armed troops to Alabama to prove to George that . . . he was wrong. Feds also have sent armed troops to Arkansas to enfore integration of county-run schools, and city-run buses.

My point is that it is a states' right issue as long as the feds allow it to be. The feds have long asserted their right to intervene when a state cannot or will not protect the rights of its' citizens.

Hiding behind the states' right tree has usually not worked in the long run.

6. quackbang

quackbang Senior Refuge Member

Boyscout
    There wa an article in the Seattle times this Sunday that talked about his dating. Terri's parents were the ones that told him to move on, They didn't start to call him an adulter until the the right to die case came up.

7. R Waller

R Waller Elite Refuge Member

and until the feds pass a law, Im still right, it is a states rights issue. I think you should be very afraid about what rights you turn over to the federal govt.
    You're grasping, comparing this to Geo Wallace...
    she is going to die, and there is nothing the feds can do about it.
    so much for states rights...

8. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

This is not a fed or states right issue. It is a personal rights issue. This is between her, her husband and their God. But you have some that would deny you control over your own life.

9. Tom Phillips*

Tom Phillips* Elite Refuge Member

What an unusual perspective. The state is murdering her, assisted by her "husband" who has been living with another woman for ten years, and with whom he has fathered two ba$tards. Some husband. The same husband has spent over $400,000 having her killed while denying her all rehabilitation. Again, some husband.

The personal rights of Terri Schindler Schiavo have been denied by her "husband" and the courts in order to further the progress of the culture of death.

10. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

Oj wasnt guilty, Micheal jackson isnt guilty, and Mickeal Schiavo isnt guilty.......after reading about this all day to find out WHY this guy is so hung up on killing this woman, I come to my own conclusion, that he needs to be in the same condition she is in.............how a parent can have legal rights than a filandering( and questionably homicidal ) spouse is beyond me.....does anyone think that there is any caring goin on from a guy who orders no medical intervention for serious health issue be administered??????

what does this jerks fiance think?....she must be brain dead as well

bob