Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Texas Report

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by f&f1860, Dec 26, 2009.

1. f&f1860

f&f1860 New Member

Had a wonderful trip this year. My little brother was able to tag along and all i can say is i think i have sparked a new fire for him. I have been telling him all along that deer hunting is for the birds but i think he finally figured that out this trip. It was hard to get him not to smile in these pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. f&f1860

f&f1860 New Member

We ended up with around 80 birds. Which isnt our best year but we had a tough beginning of the week.

Headed westward
    [​IMG]

Monday:
    -FOGGY as the dickens. Couldnt even see past the decoys. Stared into a gray wall of fog for 6 hours and headed home with these
    [​IMG]
    Highlight of this mornin was a double on BB's for the first volley of the trip.

Tuesday:
    -WINDY, didnt get to where we wanted to go so we setup at the backup location that we have hunted before. Pintails were EVERYWHERE tuesday afternoon and of course my camera was in the room.
    [​IMG]
    Took care of business on the pins and a few divers.

Wednesday:
    -WINDY and RAINY, fun right? Slept in and let the "yellow" bands of rain pass and went out about 11. Had one group of pins work and got a few. divers didnt show up that thick this day.
    [​IMG]

Thursday:
    -Morning WINDY and RAINY. Afternoon cleared up beautiful and we actually saw the yellow thing in the sky called the sun. Someone flipped the switch t about 9:00 am and we had our diver limit in 45 mins.
    [​IMG]

Friday
    -CLEAR and BEAUTIFUL. The stars aligned this morning and what a way to end the trip. 2 shy of a 4 man limit. Left at 10:00. Birds working all morning. Could have shot 30 redheads this morning. Amazing hunt. One to remember for sure.
    [​IMG]

3. JDAWG

JDAWG Senior Refuge Member

sweet pics!!!! congrats

4. Stair Man

Stair Man Senior Refuge Member

:tu That's how you do it right there. I like the pic of the texas rigged decoys on mono. Were y'all passing up on teal or did you not see any?