Texas Rig weight question

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by WARTHOG, Feb 16, 2018.

1. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

I rig the same, "weight fixed" but with bank sinkers. Grab the loop at the decoy then clip loop on carabineer while picking up.

2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

3. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I use 2 oz egg sinkers or bank sinkers. As mentioned easier for me to buy off of ebay or craigslist

4. Sdduck

Sdduck New Member

Anybody know where I can get a 12 oz mushroom mold? Even a 10 oz would work. Hunt hard current and have a hell of a time holding goose floaters. Thanks

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I don't know of any. Have you considered mini-cupcake tins, with coathanger wire hooks? Should serve the same purpose.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

7. Sdduck

Sdduck New Member

Thanks guys, sent ducknwork a message. Thanks again!

8. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

After years of making my own rigs I finally said to hell with it. I tried a couple of dz. 72"w/6oz mushroom anchors from Lifetime last season for my goose floaters and became a believer. That plastic coated steel cable is the only way to go. It does not kink or take a 'set' no matter how cold it gets. You can't say that about mono. Granted it is a little more expensive but the ease of handling makes it worth every penny. Awhile back Mack's had the 72" on sale for $33dz. I bought more than enough to convert my complete rig plus a couple of dz. extra just incase I feel the need for more dekes

9. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

On my Texas rigged decoys in rice fields I use and like 6oz mushroom weights.

10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Forget about the egg weights sliding on the line, attach a weight to the end of the line and run the line through the keel and put a loop on the end. Easier and quicker to pick up than the sliding weight rig and just as easy to transport and set.