Thank you Alaska

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Blindman, Aug 29, 2008.

1. DarrenDuck

DarrenDuck Senior Refuge Member

He has ideas. And apparently that is enough to win the Demoncratic nomination because that won over others who had much more experience. Will it win on Nov 4? I don't know.

Exactly what experience does prepare one for President. Does Obama's community organizing work experience count for being in touch with common poor people count before becoming a IL State and US Senator? Regan was involved in the actors union before he became Govenor. He really did that on ideas. He formed and practiced his conservation ideas and speeches while he was a national spokeman for GE. So I guess ideas can win it for you in some case. Palin has that one campaign speech and that is it. I don't get the sense that she has deep knowledge or original thought of economics, foreign policy, defense, etc. And I am not being mean - it just something that wasn't of any concern as govenor of Alaska.

McCain could have had the 10-15% undecided vote with a Romney or Ridge and won it. Undecided determines the winner - the R & D bases vote for their candidates so there is 40% on each side. Instead he fortified his conservative base. We will see if that was a good move on Nov. 5:confused:

2. Ray

Ray Senior Refuge Member

DarrenDuck, you need to watch the QUOTES you are using. Never quote a person quoting another. The first quote will not show up due to the HTML code and you will look like a noob.

You are inferring that I was the one claiming there were nukes in Alaska. I was was not making that inference at all. The other poster was making one about Galena and I corrected him. You quoting me quoting someone else makes your post completely pointless since my quotes shown in your post agree with your argument, but your post attacks the poster you are quoting - me. It makes you look really silly and undermines your point.

Yes I was being factual in my statement that there are no public nuke power systems up here. And you had to look it up and post up to prove me right. Thanks for the help.

But that does not explain why you edited my post and deleated the middle part. Really baffling. You mind sharing what ever it is you are smoking? Only if you have enough to pass around to everyone.

The inactive reactor at Fort Greely is well documented by the military and the treehuggers. It was never a public project and is completely sealed off. Really nice plaque on the wall about its history if you can get permission to enter the building.

The little bitty truck bed sized system at Burnt Mountain is so small it wouldn't show up on anyone's list. They are just not great big old nuke plants, and they are everywhere.

So DarrenDuck, there are big old two pieces of fact for you to chew on.

3. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

-----

4. wigeonmeister

Just look at the demographics of the '04 election. 54% of the people casting votes in the general election that year were women. That's right--54%!!! Pretty hard for anyone to ignore such a demographic, and that is exactly what Obama did when he shunned HRC in favor of someone who has barely ever scored over 10% outside of Delaware in either presidential election he's ever announced for.

Romney and Ridge would not have energized the electorate like Palin did. Conservatives in the RNC were falling away from the party. Neither Ridge nor Romney would have rallied that base like Palin did. With Romney, fair or not, many would not have voted for him because of his Mormon faith. With Ridge, he will always be tied to GWB, and that would have killed McCain in the general election.

5. DarrenDuck

Ray,

I am agreeing with you! I shortened your quote to save space. I was using the published data to AGREE with you.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Darren

6. Ray

Ray Senior Refuge Member

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Sarah Palin and her bid to be a heartbeat away from being President.

The old rancher said ?Well, ya know, Palin is a post turtle.? Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a post turtle is.

The old rancher said, ?When your driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle.?

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctors face, so he continued to explain...?You know she didn't get up there by herself, she doesn't belong up there, she doesn't know what to do while she is up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb *** put her up there to begin with.?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saw this in response to her stunning interview with Katy Kuric. The few parts I saw on-line I would have to agree. It is real easy to explain that RU has started bomber fly overs again and the F22s got scrambled a few times this summer (which has nothing to do with her job as Gov since it is a NORAD issue). But could she articulate that? No - her response made it sound like "Since Putin flys over the state then I have a relationship with him." She is not the same well spoken person that was elected in 2006. She has already been lobotimized by the National GOP. I dont' think she will recover by the debate and Biden will eat her lunch.

Darren. Thanks for the clarity.

7. DarrenDuck

Ray,

That is funny and somewhat relevant.

I think she is just over her head on national issues. I am sure she was great talking to Alsakan's about their issues.

Huckabee would have been a much better pick. Conservative, religious, pro-life, funny, articulate, seems likeable. He seems to be at ease in front of the camera and doesn't have that 1000 yard stare. I would feel much better if McCain won with Huckabee.

Darren

8. wigeonmeister

Remember the name Willie Horton? Huckabee has that skeleton in his closet, and although he's dead now, his name was Wayne Dumond. Look him up and read all about it.

9. wigeonmeister

With all due respect, Ray, that is an old one, in fact it was being widely used against Obama earlier this year. It's easy enough for whoever "authored" it to cut and plagiarize, changing the names.

Someone even posted it up on the PAF a few months back. Research it and you'll see what I am talking about.

10. drylok

drylok Elite Refuge Member

1. We do have our share of natural gas in IL. In fact a new pipeline just came through and they're back filling the stretch that runs abut 150 yrds from my house right now.
    2. The talk of qualificactions to be president is stupid. Go look in the constitution and find out what the qualifications are for president or vice president
    Sara Palin has been governor for about 2 years. Barak Obama has been in the senate for 2 years.
    Along those lines I would rather have a president/vp who is inexperienced but stands for things like the constitution of the US which reafirmed all our God given rights, limited government, limited government and limited government than a than someone who advocates the opposite.
    3. For those of you from outside IL or AK I encourage you to google the gun laws in the two states for comparison. We have a state that can damn near fill a wheel barrel full of guns and push it down the sidewalk, and a state that is one of only two in the country that can't carry a firearm and a city in that state that can't even keep a pistol in thier own damn home!

Screw Illinois And Screw Liberals :mad:
    Thank You Alaska And Go Palin! :tu