Thanksgiving Week Observations

Discussion in 'Mississippi Flyway Forum' started by GulfCoast, Nov 22, 2016.

1. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

I just spent a few days in the north delta, including the weekend. Those that have water are holding a few birds. Some have a decent number in fields, but I did not see any numbers significant enough to make me go "wow." We have more birds in our rice than in our beans. From what I can tell, they have not filtered into the brakes in significant numbers, but that again could be due to lack of water. Our brakes look like chocolate pudding with dead gar sprinkled on top. I hope that everyone gets some rain to hem up some water to keep ducks around. Good luck to everyone on Friday, and y'all be safe.

2. The Real Scooter

The Real Scooter Refuge Member

Looks bad around Crowder and north last BoBo too, good luck to all.

3. gascrewgunn

gascrewgunn Senior Refuge Member

The cypress brake at yazoo is full of gadwallls and canadians as usual.

4. GulfCoast

There were good numbers of "local ducks" in our area Friday, decent numbers Saturday, and not much to speak of moving around on Sunday. The residents took a good beating over the holiday. I saw a fair number of flight ducks high Friday, not so many Sat and Sun. Hopefully, some reinforcements will show up with the rain early this week.

5. MadMan

MadMan Refuge Member

Our fields had good numbers Friday and Sat but Sunday was slooow and lot of high flyers. Teal, Gads, Mallards and Boots in the bag.

6. GulfCoast

I saw mostly grayducks with a decent number of mallards, and sprig in the fields. But the grayduck was the star on the opener.