The 10,000 decoy goose spread

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Goose Pimp, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Goose Pimp

Goose Pimp Senior Refuge Member

meathead you'll be damn lucky if we even let you into the field let alone drink a couple wine coolers since I'm sure the beer will be too much for you.

2. wkochevar

wkochevar Senior Refuge Member

Question...Are you planning on laying out or using feild blinds? For these birds I prefer to layout but can go either way. E-caller as well as flags come with my dekes.
    Kip

3. wkochevar

wkochevar Senior Refuge Member

One more thing....if you're really going to have 10k dekes and 10 hunters in a field, some serious thought and coordination of placement and hunter location will be required to accomodate all that...primarily for safety reasons. just something to think about, and pray the wind doesn't shift overnight .
    :(

Kip

4. meatcaller

meatcaller Senior Refuge Member

Forget drinking altogether, im going to help billy with the plumbing problem there in la junta. By the way youll be asleep by 10 anyway, just like last time. And your talking about not being able to handle the sauce??????;)

5. Goose Pimp

well layout or whites depends on where we set up might be WW or Corn or Stubble just depends on the night before where the birds are, I am figuring the spread will be about the size of a football field so we will have to space guys throughout the spread to keep it covered it will take probably 5 Plus hours to put the deke's out depending on the help we get.

6. ColoDuk

ColoDuk Elite Refuge Member

10,000 is gonna be a hell of a lot more than a foot ball field id say 3 football fields maybe 2

7. Idahoan

Idahoan Senior Refuge Member

Pimp-

You can count me in for setup only. I am a cross country runner so I can run for hours setin these buggers up. Best part is, I don't drink so while you all are two fistin it, I'll be setin up/takin down. All this just to witness the carnage from a safe distance. Let me know when and where and I'd love to help.

-Idahoan

8. Goose Pimp

Idaho all the help we can get will be appreciated, nice to see some guys taking one for the team if we can pull this off it will be awesome still about 5 K short on deke's so we need to do some work on getting those lined up.

9. Goose Pimp

Coloduk your right if we spaced them 3 ft apart on an entire football field 5000 would cover the entire field so it will be the size of 2 football fields with a deke every 3 ft, that's a **** load of deke's this is going to be impressive.

10. Duck Jerky

Duck Jerky Elite Refuge Member

Good luck with it Pimp. We Texas boys got our 10,000 and are in the process of setting up a date. This is going to take some planning.

We need a few more state forums to get in and do one of these...