The 17 lb goose contest

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Honker Guide, Sep 19, 2005.

1. webfootedquacker

webfootedquacker Elite Refuge Member

Thats awful big of ya PGA. I always liked guys that ran their piehole while using others peoples money.:l
    If you think keeping the contest going is such a great idea, how about you step up and offer it this year?
    Usually the guys that talk the most ***** won't pony up a dime. I bet thats the case here.
    And besides, your boy bet 6 full curls, and we saw what happened.

2. PGA2B

PGA2B Elite Refuge Member

LOL your a bigger joke all the time....I didn't open my yap and offer a contest and then prayed it went away and not realize when a person was let off the hook.......you drank the Kool-Aid about how big geese were and are to small of a boy to admit you were DEAD WRONG and move on....take the blinders off man...many in here already have.......your the last hold out......

3. webfootedquacker

To the contrary, I think evidence beyond a reasonable doubt has showed that big geese exist. Pokolodis post, several biological accounts, a DU article confirming them, etc etc. But you wa boys are so enamored by Paul, that if he tells you that you don't have a set of balls, you believe him.
    Nobody on here killed a Boone and Crockett buck, and yet we know they exist. That shows the irrelevance of a contest among a select few.
    My favorite though is you saying I was let off the hook. As I pointed out earlier, you said that a few months ago and I clearly corrected you, saying that the contest was absolutely on, and nobody wanted off the hook nor was let off the hook.
    Why didn't you just save face and say you don't have the nutz to pony up the cash for the contest?

4. PGA2B

ummmmmm as usual you have your facts wrong AGAIN........I was the one that came to the aid of fellow fuger when he DARED say that geese did not get to be 20 pounds.......Paul was not even a member of the fuge at the time.......remember that thread? I took alot of heat from you and many others you qouting you beloved books and bio's at that time saying geese get over 20 pounds....seems you have backed off that and are grasping for the one in a million 18 pounder...........WF when your wrong, the longer you argue the deeper your hole gets...but keep going, if nothing else you are entertainment during the off season.......

5. stuwest

stuwest Elite Refuge Member

listen kids.
    i was a guide in rochester in '62. geese over 20# EXIST. not a problem.
    BUT getting one on the day that paul wants the contest closed, that's a different question.
    so, i know they exist; in fact i've got 25 of them in the 250 bird flock that I'm exclusively hunting. BUT, that gives me a 10% chance every day that I decide to go out.
    But the reality is that few of us have more than a 1% chance of coming up with more than a X # bird.

Not tying to be the next 'Fuge Xsshole. Just trying to talk REAL numbers, so we don't have a bunch of mislead 'Fuge kids...

Been doing this since '62

6. Empty Skies

Empty Skies Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Web for the contest:tu We had 134 in the big buck contest & the $5000.00 was a great prize. No one was lucky enough to bag a B.& C. but I believe they exist although I have only read about them:yes :clap

7. webfootedquacker

:l :l You Wa boys are pieces of work, but this is even ridiculous for you.

Gees4U and PGA have threads on the Texas board AND the Canadian board asking if anyone shot a Boone and Crockett deer this year.:l

I guess their reading comprehension is a little off, if you go to page three of this same thread the rules CLEARLY state that it must be turned in by Dec 31. You can go to page three and read it for yourself. But here it is..........................

"And you can pull that thread if your heart desires, I made the bet, I stand behind it. If by Dec 31 someone mails me a a proven B and C deer, that they killed this year,they get the money."

Dec 31 was about a month and half ago, but I applaud the effort.:clap :l
    You guys need a job or something.:l

8. PGA2B

LOL........your so sure of yourself....extend the contest so we can let people know....we DID let you off the hook by not advertising your contest all over the boards before and during deer season what post # are you talking about? I want to go check and make sure you didn't edit the post..........

9. PGA2B

Stu, you went from this to you have 25 of them over 20 pounds?????? I'm mixed up:confused: :confused: :confused:

10. webfootedquacker

#55, go check it. I can't believe your ate up with this like you are.:l