Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

The adventures of JimE and the rest of the Wisc. gang

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by NJChessie, Oct 3, 2002.

1. NJChessie

NJChessie Senior Refuge Member

Alright wisconsin boy's keep us po'georgia boys updated on your season, we have less than 2 months left before ours, Let 'em rip guys, and shoot straight.:D

2. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

OK, here is one for ya, opening weekend, my son Hunter, RD1 and myself have a guest for duck chasing. I will not mention the old farts name but he can chime in any time. It was a very nice weekend, almost too nice, and we take a few ducks, should have taken more. But one particular volley that I remember was pretty funny. We had just got buzzed by some teal, it was right at shooting time, but we always hate being the first ones to shoot. A short while later the old Fart starts in on his teal call, sure enough here they come wipping in and out, I take the first shot, drop a bird the the old Fart and RD1 turn and aim, sounds like one shot. Low and behold two birds fall.
    The Old Fart starts getting all giddy and say's, "two birds with one shot, I can't believe it, two birds!"
    RD1 say's " ya know Old Fart, them birds were 6 feet apart, that would a been a great shot, as he unloads his empty shell from his gun giggleing like a school kid.
    Almost hated telling him, after all, RD1 is use to his hunting partner yelling "I got it".

3. Kevin WI

Kevin WI Moderator Moderator

Seaon hasn't been exactly triumphant! But we'll keep working on it. Most skidaddled out after opener. The southern zone should do well.

4. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

Ya know the more I thinks about it I dont recall ol RD putten another round in the magazine after that lil moment of fun.:l I still like Sunday morning and RD1 guarding that 1 particular decoy just a waiting fer another minute or two!!:l

5. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

Gota see how them Ga boyz shoot, Had nitrosteel RD1 and myself after Geese, filled our Goose Tags in 30 min. down at the Horicon. Malford and mark had them Geese coming down on us like a hail storm, hard to pick which one too shoot. Awsome trip and great people.

6. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

Took a walk with the little guy behind the house and jumped an old pond, purdyest double on Mallards I ever had, clean retrieves, and my son was my guide:rolleyes:

7. NJChessie

NJChessie Senior Refuge Member

Good job, did he charge you?!!:l Keep them coming:D

8. Kevin WI

Kevin WI Moderator Moderator

Limited out on Mallards on Sunday and a teal. Saturday saw lots of ducks, but I was shooting like JimE:D :l

9. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

Boy did last night stink!! Saw plenty of ducks even 2 pintails but could not get anything to even take a look. Had out 2 dozen deeks. Pulled a dozen, Nothing! moved the others, Nothing, Put out mostly hens, Nothing. The end of shooting time then there they were!! Tonight dont sound any better, Half hour till quitting time and aint herd a shot yet down in the pot hole:rolleyes: Oh well Friday I leave for N. Dakota and with the weather they're saposed to get over the weekend it could be fun!! Woops just herd some geese going to the roosting pond. Now they got my dogs all worked up with thier squacking!!

10. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

Went out yesterday and scouted out some spots, came back to the road and found my friend Flowageboy. Decided to join him for the remainder of the day.
    Carted the boat back a ways and Flowageboy noticed that he forgot the oars, ugggh...OK, we cut some push poles and poled out to a spot.
    Saw a lot of ducks but no shots, had a great time tho, Flowage sings Oh Ma, ma me ya, real well while poleing a boat :l