Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

The adventures of JimE and the rest of the Wisc. gang

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by NJChessie, Oct 3, 2002.

1. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

Went this am, did not shoot a duck but the fella with me got his first Red Head(Duck), he was tickled that he got him a bird to mount, it make's the morning worth it all just see'ing these fellas so happy about a duck.

2. NJChessie

NJChessie Senior Refuge Member

At least you are out hunting! we still have 28 days left till our season, and still high 70's here. :( I will never get used to shorts and short sleeve hunting!

3. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

Got the trap line set out, see if we can get some of them egg suckin coon's out of the way.

4. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

Yesterday, went out on the big water and did not get a shot, saw a nice flock of Cans, Goldeneyes, and some Mallards but not close enough.
    This morning went out with WisWoody, Hunter(my Lil shadow) and myself and shot up the Mallards, sheared a pin on the boat Motor, but sure had fun. Pal(my Chessie) got to retrieve a few more ducks and we are having Kabobs tonight.

5. Ruff

Ruff Elite Refuge Member

Well look out ducks we'll be on the river by mornin. Thins have been really slow fer the last week or so. No ducks to speek of around. But theres a major cold front going through and the ponds are freezing as we speek forcing them to the rivers fer open water and ol JimE, WisWoody, and myself will be there to greet them. It's gonna be a cold one boys!!!:D :D

6. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

Well, we did the Mississippi hunt and it was a nice trip, not alot of ducks, but you sure can not beat that scenery. The birds were a ways up river from us and next time, we will know where to find them.

7. Kevin WI

Kevin WI Moderator Moderator

Well my hunting is done for the year. Not the best I've had, but I enjoyed hunting with new friends, all that I've met through the site. That made the season better. Now I have to take my enormous blind down at the mead this weekend.:(

8. NJChessie

NJChessie Senior Refuge Member

Sorry to hear that, any good this year? Our second half is opening up this weekend, had a good first half bunch of woodies in begining then last few days limited on mallards, best is yet to come down here only had 2 weeks for the first half and this weather is helping us out alot now. Will keep you posted hopefully weather keeps up and mallards hang around.

9. JimE

JimE Elite Refuge Member

One more trip for ducks, heading to Ark next weekend. Then I will be done except possibly a spring Goose hunt or two. I will let ya know how it goes. Good luck to you fellas on your second opener.;)

10. Kevin WI

Kevin WI Moderator Moderator

Well I heard the hunting trip went well, except one guy went in over his head and another is sickly ill!!However they have been shooting them up. Lots of Pinnies, however season is closed on them. They will be back tomorrow sometime!:)