The Best Ammo

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by WadWizardJeff, Jun 20, 2016.

1. WadWizardJeff

WadWizardJeff New Member Sponsor

We get asked quite often "what is the best ammo with your choke." The answer is that it is really is a "trial and error" as each gun will shoot and pattern somewhat differently with each type of ammo and load.

Our chokes were designed to work best with ammo that is less than 1550 FPS and don't use a "flight control" wad. Wad Wizard Chokes and Black Cloud ammo (and any other ammo that utilizes a wad that is designed to stay with the shot) are designed to do opposite things. Although there doesn't seem to be a problem putting that ammo through our chokes, you'll find that it probably won't give you the type of performance you desire. If you are intent on shooting Black Cloud, I recommend you use your factory improved cylinder choke. You may find there is no need to buy an expensive aftermarket choke. Best results when using the Wad Wizard Choke comes from using ammo with a tough wad cup and one that preferably covers the shot. Take a look at our Patterns page on the website to get an idea of what you can generally expect with our product and different types, sizes, lengths of ammunition.

2. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

1550 expert 3s are deadly through my stoeger. I shoot the swat.

3. redleg one

redleg one Senior Refuge Member

I have shot terror's for years in my browning gold and now sx3....to me the terrors allow a man to fully maximize just regular steel shot. And pattern many more brands They allow me to hit and harvest birds as far as my shooting abilities allow. Especially the .720 in 10 gauge

4. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

I got my .720 Terror a couple weeks ago and have shot several different loads through it . I've been very pleased with how its patterned from 3's to F shot, at 40-60yds.